Video Files on Forum ×

Where in UK to view MZ-X500?

Lobbard

2 hours ago, tuxfriend said:

Thomann says arrival on 13 May. There you have it. ;-)

If the MZ-X500 had 76 keys, I'd be seriously tempted. 

Make that 88 keys with aftertouch...

but then who knows, if it really is that good, having an extra key at that price is allways nice..   Tough i think i would also get a Px-5s(or its replacement) and use it as a set..

I check for the mz -x500 everyday on the main UK retailers websites.. nothing is mentioned..looks like I'm gonna have to get it from..thomann..even if Casio hasn't released it in UK yet..you would think some of the UK retailers would mention in a coming soon message or similar.. oh well their loss

1 hour ago, screenshot said:

I check for the mz -x500 everyday on the main UK retailers websites.. nothing is mentioned..looks like I'm gonna have to get it from..thomann..even if Casio hasn't released it in UK yet..you would think some of the UK retailers would mention in a coming soon message or similar.. oh well their loss

Just the Bax Shop UK are taking pre-orders that I can see: currently quoting a 1 month ETA.

Come on UK dealers, where are the fireworks!

Hi,  couple of recent updates to MZ-X500 ETA's today (17-05-2016)  

Somebody's "2-5 days" ETA suddenly changed   ;)

Bax-shop:  3 weeks

Thomann:  31st May

Music Store:  June 2nd

2 hours ago, tuxfriend said:

On amazon.com, as of now, there are 4 left in stock. Seller is 'Total Music Source'.

Hi, tuxfriend, 

Looks like Amazon USA there, my friend.   I think UK punters might prefer to wait for a local source.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Casio products in the U.S. continue to whet our appetites over here in the U.K.

I waited 3 months from order to receipt of my MX-560.

Slightly different tactic for the MZ-X500; I've ordered it in a Stateside store for US$1,099 and I'll physically be there to pick it up on June 15. 

I'll also pick up the Privia Cases; another product that has apparently not ventured outside of North America.

The Casio MX-560 is proving to be a real "head turner";  no-one has seen anything like it; exacerbated by its'"out there" blue trim.

"is that a kid's toy?" is the frequent initial response, followed very quickly by the sound of jaws dropping and the "definitely not kiddie" expletives when they hear it used with stunning sound and "on-the-fly" instrument changes...

Me? I'm practicing my smug look: "you ain't seen nothing yet" as the space reserved for the forthcoming MZ-X500 becomes apparent... 

• 2 months later...

Hi Casio Casanovas, 

Late August and still seeing NO UK music (brick and mortar) shops stocking these fantastic MZ-X keyboards.:huh:

As the UK's sole (mail order) stockist of the Casio MZ-X500 / X300, I guess BAX shop must be doing good business! 

Will the MZ-X500 be the UK's first ever 'mail order only' from Casio?