Video Files on Forum ×

unable to connect to computer

I'm using the wk-7500 and I followed the instructions of hooking it up to the computer, but it didn't work, all it said was usb not recognized, now I'm not even getting anything but the audio notification that it was plugged in. other than that nothing happens, I spoke to one tech person who sent me to a page of supported drivers and various things for windows 10, and I installed data manager 6.1, although I have no idea what it is and it doesn't seem to do anything, and a driver which didn't even list the specific keyboard model I was using but it was the best I could see for it. Then when I tried that and it didn't work, I called back, got a different tech guy who said that the other person wasn't supposed to even give that support and refused to talk about the issue with me, saying that casio tech doesn't handle issues with plugging in to the computers.very frustrating, I've been trying to get this resolved for so long, and I just have no idea what else to try. any ideas?

The WK-7500 is class compliant.  That means the drivers for it are already loaded on most computers. The class driver should automatically install when the usb cable is connected.  Installing other drivers may have caused an issue.  

What were you intending to use the usb connection with?  A midi program? DAW software?  

19 hours ago, BradMZ said:

The WK-7500 is class compliant.  That means the drivers for it are already loaded on most computers. The class driver should automatically install when the usb cable is connected.  Installing other drivers may have caused an issue.  

What were you intending to use the usb connection with?  A midi program? DAW software?  

I'm trying to use it with protools, although I haven't gotten to the step where I can register it on the DAW yet, and I did see it attempt to install the drivers once or twice but even when it succeeded nothing happened, the computer still doesn't identify it. maybe I should be trying to uninstall the drivers first so I can reinstall them? not sure I would even know how to locate them

Hi and welcome to the forums. USB issues can be "hiccuppy" and when they are, it's never any fun. First thing to try:  If your computer has multiple USB ports, I would try connecting to those and see if you can get a read. You can also try creating a new user profile on your machine and see if that helps/ 

you were right, it seems like it just doesn't work when it's plugged into my usb power bar, and I got lucky because my computer actually had a third usb port on the back that I didn't know about, and the keyboard just BARELY fits. thanks for the help

1 hour ago, kelarys said:

you were right, it seems like it just doesn't work when it's plugged into my usb power bar, and I got lucky because my computer actually had a third usb port on the back that I didn't know about, and the keyboard just BARELY fits. thanks for the help

Happy to help. Of course, the only reason I know this trick is because I've had to use it myself. :P

Have fun! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am having the same problem on my PX 560. I have connected to my computer using the type b port on the backside of the keyboard to the type a usb connector to my laptop. Neither my computer or the keyboard recognize the connection. My purpose is to update the firmware to the 1.1.

2 hours ago, Gwen said:

I am having the same problem on my PX 560. I have connected to my computer using the type b port on the backside of the keyboard to the type a usb connector to my laptop. Neither my computer or the keyboard recognize the connection. My purpose is to update the firmware to the 1.1.

Hi there. Well first thing is you DO NOT connect the PX-560 to the computer to update the firmware -- it's done by USB DRIVE. Here are the instructions:

Download the file at: http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=1264

THEN.............

1. Uncompress the downloaded zip file and copy the "update.bin" firmware file to the root (not a folder) of a USB flash drive that has been formatted to FAT32.

2. Insert the USB flash drive from step 1 of this procedure into the Digital Keyboard's USB flash drive port.

3. On the MENU screen, touch "SYSTEM SETTING".

4. Next to "Information", touch "Enter".

5. In the list that appears, touch "Execute" next to "Update Firmware".

6. In response to the "Sure? Yes/No" message that appears, touch "Yes".
・ Firmware updating takes about 30 minutes. Do not touch the Digital Keyboard during that period.
・ A progress bar will appear on the display to show you the progress of the update.
・ The Digital Keyboard will automatically restart after the update is complete.

7. After the Digital Keyboard restarts, remove the USB flash drive.

SO after you get that done if you still have issues, come on back and ask --
ps. You may want to start a new thread in the PX-560 area of the forum instead of adding on to this. 

• Like 1