SMF Converter for MIDI to TN7 file

How SMF file converter is being used for converting a MIDI file into TN7 file? Any idea.

When use this s/w it asks me two options 1. convert and save as CS file or 2. convert and load in keyboard. When used second option it says "there is no response from keyboard".

May I request memeber to throw some light on this query???

Thanks

Casio Error.jpg

Thanks, very much.

My problem is I wish to use a standard midi file as Tone in my kayboard (as TN7). How to?

Today I got reply from casio jp stating that SMF is not meant for CTK 7300In. They also didnot say what to do next. Incase you come accross any solution please let me kmow. 

Thanks once again

Dr Mahesh H  might be looking for a sound that the midi file is playing.    That midi file track can be looked at to see what instrument or GM sound is assigned for that particular track.   Then using the tone bank GM/DRUMS call up the instrument tone he is looking for.    As we know though, GM sounds can all be similar but being identical is pure luck.   But he might get close to the results he is looking for.

Josh

CTK900

WK7500

Thanks Josh,

I am fiddling with existing harp tone played in fast succession. (May listen to attached mp3, I want someting nearer to it.) But note existing tone edit with highest amount reverb also does not gave me this kind of effect. So I created a midi file on the same keyboard. But the said midi file I can not convert into TN7 file.

Tone.mp3

I went through this setup procedure on my WK7500 and your keyboard appears to have the same procedures.   In listening to your Sample.MID and Tone.MP3 came up with this way to setup the Sitar tone.  Also memories of Ravi Shankar from the Beatles~!

I brought up the tone from bank J : 105  Sitar     This is the GM/DRUMS tone bank.

Press the Tone Editor button

Using the  /\ -  V  arrow controls to move to the individual tone editing setups

When you get to:

Attack Time (Value)  +03

Release Time (Value) +52

Vib Depth (Value)  -01

Vib Rate (Value)  +06

Press Exit and save to a #     

(This actually saves to User Tones and will ask you OK to overwrite?   Unfortunately,  you do not know what tone you are overwriting so it pays to go through User Tones ahead of time and pick a number you can overwrite with your newly created tone.)

Use the User Tone number that you saved when playing.   

Of course this may not give you the sound that you are looking for.  The Release time seems to change the Sitar sound the most.

There are also other Sitar tones in the tone bank    I- Other   that can be modified in the same manner.

In the user manual,  Tone editing is detailed on page E-44

There also are DSP effects that may help you in your search for the sound you want  like DSP effect 11 Reflection

If you experiment, you should be able to get "that" sound you want.    While not as simple as saving a Sample WAV or MIDI, once you learn tone editing you take command of how this powerful keyboard can play sounds

Good luck and have fun.

Josh

CTK900

WK7500