Mz-x500 Chords funktion

twice

Hello,

Can someone confirm for me, that when you select a music preset, that a chord progression is lay out on the 16 pad, and when you select another music preset, another chords progression is lay out on the 16 pad. I know there is a auto chord progression funktion, and there is 20 preset chord progresion, but what I like is that chord progression that is found on the Korg M3 and the Kronos. Sorry for my bad english. 

Music presets are automatic chord progressions that gives your left hand a free session to play other things. The pads can certainly trigger chords but this is not part the music preset function.  The chord layout on the pads are independant of music presets.  Pressing the pad chord button takes you to the chord layouts for the pads. 

Although the Music Presets themselves don't automatically select a Pad Bank, you can definitely assign chord progressions to the pads and save them in your own Bank. Then, you can save the whole thing (including the Music Preset" as a Registration.

To do this, first choose the Music Preset you want (or create your own). Then go to System Settings, select Pad, then touch "Data Setting", then touch "Chord," then touch "Seq." From here you can select a preset progression, or touch "User," then "Exit". From there you can record your own progression.

After that, save the Pad Bank, then store a Registration. The next time you select that Registration, the Music Preset and Pad Bank (and just about everything else) will be recalled and ready to go.

Hope this helps,

-Rich