Video Files on Forum ×

foot switch for rotary speed control

Joe

Unfortunately, a pedal connected to the CTK/WK-7XXX models can only be assigned to control SUSTAIN, SOSTENUTO, or SOFT as they are applied to the UPPER-1, UPPER-2, LOWER, and AUTO-HARMONIZE tones, or for controlling the Auto-Accompaniment Rhythm ON/OFF.  It can not be used to control the ROTARY effect - a bit of an oversight on the part of the Casio design engineers, I am afraid.  Also, in case you have not yet noticed, the default Drawbar Organ Tones only provide for Rotary Fast/Slow.  They do not provide for real-time control of Rotary ON/OFF.  If you want this, you will have to modify existing Drawbar Tones with the TONE EDIT feature, and set the FAST Rate of your choice and a SLOW Rate of ZERO, and save it as a User Drawbar Organ Tone.  You can have 50.  Using this method of Rotary ON/OFF, you can adjust the Acceleration settings for realistic speed-up/slow-down rates, but obviously, it does not provide for FAST/SLOW and OFF.  You can only have any two of the three at a time.  While you might be able to use a MIDI pedal for controlling Rotary ON/OFF, since the Casio CTK/WK units have only USB ports, and no 5-pin DIN MIDI-IN/OUT ports, you would have to use either a computer or some type of stand-alone "host" unit (eg. iConnectMIDI2, etc.) as an interface between the keyboard and the pedal.  Sorry, I wish I had better news for you on this.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

• 4 years later...
On 5/20/2016 at 5:25 PM, Cincinnati Joe said:

THat's OK.  I'll just solder in a jack in parallel with the momentary button for the rotary. Problem solved. Probably easier than the programming would have been anyway!!

I was thinking of that on my CTK-7200; I saw where someone did it, but now I can't find the post anywhere!  They even had pictures and what resistor they used in series with it.

And I also thought, heck, while I'm at it, might as well get a two switch box and do the Mod button while I'm at it, it's as hard to reach as the speed button.

20 hours ago, OogieWaWa said:

I was thinking of that on my CTK-7200; I saw where someone did it, but now I can't find the post anywhere!  They even had pictures and what resistor they used in series with it.

And I also thought, heck, while I'm at it, might as well get a two switch box and do the Mod button while I'm at it, it's as hard to reach as the speed button.