Video Files on Forum ×

Exciting application

Hello to all--Although my discovery will probably be 'elementary' to those experts out there, I felt compelled to share it with the community. I don't record, or write--I'm simply a player in a band.  I'm the utility guy, who plays all the keyboards, strings, brass, winds etc. I'm certainly no Keith Emerson by a long shot, but I get by.  My rig consists of the px attached by midi to a Hammond sk-1; both running stereo via an AB box and out to right and left amps. This allowed me to play piano, and by stepping on the AB box in real time during the song, access one of the extra voices (ie brass, flute, etc.) from the Sk-1, and with another step on the AB box, back to the px. This allows me to play a song with several different instruments throughout, however, is very taxing because I had to step on the AB box at just the right time and have all of the instruments set correctly before the song.  Enter the px--By learning how to split the keyboard, at the right spot, I can now play, let's say, piano on the lower half and (lets say) french horn on the upper half (or even more complicated, a layer of piano and strings in the right hand) by writing the stage settings with the proper locations, volumes and even octave changes. I know I've been critical of the piano sounds on the keyboard (which I still don't love), the OS and functionality are nothing short of amazing. Kudos Casio--and thanks to the whole forum community!!