Wall of Voodoo

Yup, Casio M10. Allegedly used by the Human League when writing/ recording their album "Dare" (according to the Dare Wiki entry). I suspect they used it more for writing ideas, then once in the studio producer Martin Rushent used his Roland Micro composer sequencer to play the parts on the Jupiter 4 and Roland System 700.

The M10 is a very well built little unit. Also, it can be "bent" to release many more functions. Casio used chips that were also used in higher spec models but with many functions/ patches not used. There are guides online showing how to unleash all the extra features of the M10 to make it considerably more powerful/ useful. I think I have them downloaded somewhere.

Here's my M10 amongst my collection of "small" Casios (small white keyboard, front middle, between VL-1 and PT80). As many of you know, I have my "medium" and "pro" Casio collections also!

DSCF3950.JPG

1 hour ago, Chas said:

DSCF3950.JPG

That Casio with the hexagonal pads I've seen a video of Richard Devine saying he has one he called the "Logic Bomb" for sound designing blips and bleeps it was modified for him he said, usually means its circuit bended.  Its a very cool design also It start at 4:30 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XW-Addict said:

That Casio with the hexagonal pads I've seen a video of Richard Devine saying he has one he called the "Logic Bomb" for sound designing blips and bleeps it was modified for him he said, usually means its circuit bended.  Its a very cool design also It start at 4:30 

That's the MT500, similar to the MT520 I have except with fewer drum pads. The MT500 is famous for being used by Jarvis Cocker of Britpop band "Pulp" to write their biggest hit "Common People"!

wow, what did I get started here? What an amazing collection of Casios.

Just as a point of info-before i retired as a music instructor/director and the reason I've kept my eyes on Casio-I was using 2 of the SK sampler keyboards in my classroom as well as 2 other very interesting full-sized Casios one of which had the dedicated sound effects buttons and the kids loved the sampling feature of the SKs. I stepped up to one of the 76-key instruments later in the early 2000s-I forget which but it was one of the WK-3000 series and was very impressed with the piano and organ sounds. Of course I had cut my programming "chops" on the CZs-at one point I had the CZ-101, CZ-3000 and CZ-1 plus around 4 EZ-CZ cartridges I programmed and 2 of the RA's. Now after many years of Casio hiatus whilst gathering many much more expensive instruments, I end up with the PX-350, PX575 and the XW-P1. Casio must be doing something right to keep me in!

My friends nephew, known as "Marco" as he tours-joined (or started) the trend years back using many of the circuit-bent and ancient keyboards in his rig, which steeped my interest (again) in these seemingly "toy" Casios. Thanks for all the interesting posts.

• Like 1