Registration confusion

anotherscott

I am confused about how the Registration settings screen (from the main menu) works. After some experimentation, it seems that, if I want the tones to be saved separately for each registration, Tone must be set (counter intuitively) to "off"  - is that correct? That is, turning a function ON in the registration setting means it will NOT be part of the registration, do I have that right? Also, it looks like there are separate Registration settings for each bank (the top line can be changed to each of the 24 banks), yet whatever change I make to one appears to be made to all. When discussing registrations, the manual says to refer to the separate appendix for details (something it says many times about many topics), but I have not seen a separate appendix, is there some documentation I'm missing? Hints appreciated...

You are correct about the function. Notice that page is a set of registration "filters".  Turning a filter ON screens out that item from being recalled from registration memory.  The item is still stored in the registration.  It's just not recalled when the registrations are selected.  These filters apply to all 96 registrations.

The appendix is on the web in pdf. Search google for "PX-560 appendix".   This shows up. ;)   http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008017041

31 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

You are correct about the function. Notice that page is a set of registration "filters".  Turning a filter ON screens out that item from being recalled from registration memory.  The item is still stored in the registration.  It's just not recalled when the registrations are selected.  These filters apply to all 96 registrations.

The appendix is on the web in pdf. Search google for "PX-560 appendix".   This shows up. ;)   http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008017041

Ah, yes means filtering it out, got it! I'm not sure that's the most obvious implementation they could have come up with for determining what will and won't be saved in regsitrations, but so be it. ;-) If they apply to all 96 registrations, though, what is the purpose of being able to change the top line to 96 separate entries? Is there some other functionality there that I'm not seeing?

Oh geez, I had downloaded that appendix long ago too. Completely forgot. This is what happens when I'm up until 3 am programming for a gig. It's a complex show (a bunch of ELP, etc.), and last time I did it with 6 keyboards, and I'm working on getting the count down for this one! I've got a little Roland JP-08 on the right of the PX560, and have programmed in registrations that let me split and layer the Casio with the Roland. While it obviously has its MIDI limitations relative to the PX5S, with a little creativity, you can do some nice tricks, as the different "parts" transmit on different MIDI channels, and you can feed the external module's sound into the Casio itself, and use the Casio knobs to control the volumes of the internal and "line in" sounds, and store the internal/external splits, layers, and relative volumes as registrations. Cool.

• Like 1