Video Files on Forum ×

Battery power for PX-350M ??

Elby

I want to take my PX-350M on the road, and need a portable power solution.  I tried an Anker battery pack a while back, but since the Casio has no internal battery, the "smart" technology in the battery pack would not deliver current.  Does anyone have a working idea?  Thanks!  

There are a bunch of posts here about that. here's one, but these are about the PX5s-uses the same power specs.

Here's another post that might help you that I posted with Pianomanchuck:

although not so portable, there are many all-purpose supplies available now that use a 12V lead-acid battery internally as their power source-rather heavy. I have one that has USB power ports, an AC inverter and 12V outputs identical to a car cigarette lighter power supply. To be on the safe side I plug the Casio adapter into the AC inverter outlet on this. The other option is to make your own battery supply but you would need to be careful about batteries-as you can read in these posts. The reason a smart adapter does not work with the PX-350-these smart supplies usually use lithium-ion batteries internally such as in a computer-if the keyboard or whatever you plug this into draws too much current or voltage, the batteries might explode-there is internal circuitry that checks this and will shut it off if it sees too much of a load on the batteries. this is OK for a smartphone or tablet which doesn't draw much current, but the big Casios draw more current than a smartphone.