Video Files on Forum ×

Naming wave files for playback

funkycornwall

Another quick question for someone who has not managed to see a PX560 in any shop yet. I did have a PX5s before and when you saved wave files for playback they had to be named TAKE01, TAKE02 etc This was a slight pain as it meant that if you were playing along to a leadsheet then you had to make sure the correct Casio Take number was listed with the song title you were playing. I always thought it would be great if you could rename each track with a proper song title instead. Does any PX560 owner know if you can do this for this newer model. I think you could have up to 99 wave files for playback for the PX5s. 

I looked at at the manual and it is not very clear.

Thanks for advice

Thanks for that info. So wave files you made externally (such as backing tracks) can be named with song titles, put in the MUSICDAT folder and the 560 will display them and they can be easily found and selected. This is essential for me at gigs. Wish I could actually find a 560 to test out in a shop but they seem to be very hard to locate here in the UK.

Thanks Luciano,

You would think they'd let you see a few more characters. However it's still better than the PX5s where no names only TAKE numbers were permitted. Probably best to put a number followed by the initials of the song title.

I wonder if and when there will be a follow up to the PX5s?

Cheers

Tony

Thanks again Luciano

I see what you do here but still a bit awkward at a gig. I have my gig lead sheets to read and would need to make sure that every song title on the lead sheet would have the appropriate number which relates to the PX560 music list in the DAT folder. If I get a request for a particular song it would be easier to scroll alphabetically and find the titles if it could have a full name display. I currently play a Yamaha CP4 and I have started using my iPad Pro now to both display music and also provide the backing tracks that I make. 

Cheers

Tony

There is an 1/8 inch audio in jack on the back of these keyboards that Casio designed for smartphones and computers.  I would be playing backing tracks from a smartphone instead of using the usb audio recorder.  It's the best way to do it for a number of reasons.  The audio recorder is best used to quickly capture those moments when inspiration strikes. 

• Like 2

Generally 1/8 inch sockets are less than professional for playing audio. Mini-sockets are inherently unreliable as a connection. Standard jack inputs are much more reliable so I still think my point about the ability to have longer named wave files for playback is a good one. I do realise that you can use a smartphone or iPad with the mini-jack. However there is no reason not to be able to use a USB stick with your prepared wave files at gigs. With the better colour display this should be quite convenient if Casio had allowed longer song titles.

• Like 1

??? 1/8" audio jacks are just a reliable as 1/4" - I've been using them for many, many years with zero issues. And Brad is 100% correct - using a smart phone, iPad or other media player to play backing tracks is much more convenient than navigating to the playback screen each time you need to play a file. Why make things more complicated than they need to be esp in a live situation?  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I am having a problem playing back wav files from a usb stick on a px5s.  Even though I have 4 loaded on the stick it will only display the first one and will play that. I can't access the others at all no matter what button I press. I have firmware 1.13 loaded.

Can anyone help.

thanks

Ger.

40 minutes ago, gergriffin said:

I am having a problem playing back wav files from a usb stick on a px5s.  Even though I have 4 loaded on the stick it will only display the first one and will play that. I can't access the others at all no matter what button I press. I have firmware 1.13 loaded.

Can anyone help.

thanks

Ger.

The information in this thread is for the PX-560.  The PX-5S requires wav files to be named TAKE00.WAV thru TAKE99.WAVE in order to play.  

• 2 weeks later...