Any idea how to assign a recorded sample tone to upper one tone?

xera

When you record a sample , and assign it to a pad, It was nice if you could assign the sampled sound to upper one section  so you could play your sample on the keys as you play the keyboard. It seems that the recorded sampled tone just can be assigned to the pads, and not to the keyboard keys. Any idea is greatly appreciated.

Yes, You are correct, but what if like you could record a sample, and the same way that you can assign the drum kits, you could assign your recorded sample to upper part? That was really great.

Sampling on the MZX is not designed for making multisampled instrument tones.  Drum kits come close because samples can be mapped to every key and pitch shifted. However, drum kits are not polyphonic with samples. Also there is no point editing tools on the MZX.  Only start point can be adjusted.  Casio really designed user samples to be for drum sounds, sound effects, vocals and pattern loops.  

On 28/05/2016 at 9:29 PM, BradMZ said:

Sampling on the MZX is not designed for making multisampled instrument tones.  Drum kits come close because samples can be mapped to every key and pitch shifted. However, drum kits are not polyphonic with samples. Also there is no point editing tools on the MZX.  Only start point can be adjusted.  Casio really designed user samples to be for drum sounds, sound effects, vocals and pattern loops.  

Then the drum kit with custom samples can be used for keyboard styles?

This is really sad. Why Casio calls the drum kits , sampling,? If they are drum kits , then they are drum kits , why calling them sampling ? You could assign drum kits to the pads without naming them sampling.

The main idea is that say you want per say to sample an ethnic instrument sound that is unique, and does not exist in tone list of Casio. Then you wanted to play that instrument as a tone using the keys. Now you can not. you only can hear the sampled sound on the pads.

Casio has some flaws in its software. Consider event edit. Go to the page , and you want to edit events. while you can edit an event, but there is not any way that you can hear individual events as they occur. I have a Korg Pa 600 also, and there is a huge difference between how the software on Korg has been very nicely designed vs. Casio., Like when go to event edit, as you highlight individual event, you will hear that event , which gives you the idea where are you exactly, and edit it right away.

Seems from all the answers that I got every body is content, and not asking Casio why Casio is not in depth into making well thought software design.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2016 at 7:44 PM, xera said:

This is really sad. Why Casio calls the drum kits , sampling,? If they are drum kits , then they are drum kits , why calling them sampling ? You could assign drum kits to the pads without naming them sampling.

The main idea is that say you want per say to sample an ethnic instrument sound that is unique, and does not exist in tone list of Casio. Then you wanted to play that instrument as a tone using the keys. Now you can not. you only can hear the sampled sound on the pads.

Casio has some flaws in its software. Consider event edit. Go to the page , and you want to edit events. while you can edit an event, but there is not any way that you can hear individual events as they occur. I have a Korg Pa 600 also, and there is a huge difference between how the software on Korg has been very nicely designed vs. Casio., Like when go to event edit, as you highlight individual event, you will hear that event , which gives you the idea where are you exactly, and edit it right away.

Seems from all the answers that I got every body is content, and not asking Casio why Casio is not in depth into making well thought software design.

Korg PA 300 after the last update began loading multisample internal 32mb.

Who knows The mz-x500 does have an update to resolve this.

Thank you. Very good point.The reason for my post was that Casio looks at my post, maybe. Yes, They can update their software. You know what bothers me? The people who designed the software in Casio acted some how not perfect. For instance what if you could see the the tones that are assigned to the pads, I mean the part section. What if you could copy the whole style rather than just an element such as for instance variation 1,  etc. As I mentioned before I have a Korg Pa 600, and the way that they have designed the software is perfect. Every thing is connected to each other,, and very easy to choose, and adjust, and you do not have to go back in order to choose a tone, or an element, and then again come back, so on. The reason I bought Casio MZx-500 was that it has some sound features that Korg does not have, like hex layer, or arpeggio, also styles ,But the main thing is that the designers of the Casio could do much much a better job.