Playing midi file with xw-p1

sim1969

Hi to everybody.

I have a strange issue with my xw-p1. I try to play a midi file with rosegarden and jack in linux - i use a SalixOs, a Slackware derivative.

I play a midi file to the xw-p1, but channel 10 is not recognized, and play piano instead of drums (standard set). It seems that xw-p1 is not entering General Midi mode.

That file plays ok if I use fluidsynth (a soft synthesizer) or if I plug an Edirol SK500, without doing anything except connect rosegarden to those midi synths.

Am I mistaking something?

Also:

I tried to play midi file from inside an sd card (directory musicdata). When the xw-p1 plays the midi file, I cannot do anything other than listen to it; it seems all blocked.

Is it possible to play the xw-p1 while playing a midi file from the sd card?

Thank you.

Have  a nice day.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked that out with some midi files I downloaded from the internet, and you can use any sound from channel 1 (being it a hex layer, solo synth, or pcm tone that you choose before entering player mode, you can't change it while you play the midi file).

Ok.

Thanks a lot for you help. It's ok I can choose the tone before.

Relating to midi, it seems something related to the sequencer I'm using. I used VanBasco (under Windows Xp) and the playback was Ok.

If I discover something else I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Sim