Video Files on Forum ×

Is there a good set of computer speakers that will sound better than the built-in speakers for my px360. Thank You, Lanny

Lanny T.

Good pair of powered monitor speakers might work. I use a pair of old Altec Lansing computer powered speakers sometimes. There a many choices now including small BOSE systems. Old Roland powered monitor speakers are on eBay. Depends upon how large your room is too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The PX-350/PX-360 speakers are inadequate to show what the sound generator can do.  A subwoofer will help.  IMHO, you need an 8" woofer to get the low end sounding OK.

I bought one EV ZXA1 (couldn't afford or fit two of them).  It sounds way better than the built-in speakers, even though it's monophonic.

.     Charles

• 3 weeks later...

I have a CGP-700 so I haven't felt the need for external speakers.  But I am using some Logitech computer speakers, L,R and Sub with my computer in my office.   They are at least five years old and I know the model has been replaced with something else.  They cost about $125 at the time and Logitech still sells stuff in that price range.  They might suit your needs. 

I posted this info somewhere else around here. I purchased a very small 4-channel powered mixer off ebay-a no name brand probably made in China-these come in 4, 6 and 8 and 12 channel and have built-in reverb, per-channel and all-channel equalization built in, plus a USB and SD card slot to play music directly from a thumb drive or SD card (mp3s). weird company name Musysic-sounds too much like music sick tongue twister but it works well.....

I bought 2 10" 2-way non-powered speakers-the system is small enough to fit under my keyboard stand and even the 4-channel has enough power to drive a pretty large performance space. Cost  a couple hundred dollars for everything but is well worth it. I use it in my small music room and for gigs. So far, so good.

• 1 month later...

I tried a pair of THX certified computer speakers with a small sub package (Best-buy, Klipsch for about $140 ).  Plugged into the computer and running pianoteq on my PX360, I liked it very much.  As far directly into the PX360, I cannot say the sound coming out was awesome (it was very good) because the novelty, my inexperience, and never having compared to say monitors left me with no background to form an opinion.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Tried it  today  with  a powered Tandy 15"  subwoofer and  WOW !  It  really  sounds  good !

My recommendation is  to  play the  demo  tunes  while  you tweak  the   Subwoofer volume  and  crossover level, and hey presto,  it  sounds  like  a real combo !

I  noticed  that the board containing the sockets  for the  line out  and line  in  jacks  are  quite flimsy- is  this  a  Casio  thingy? Mine  seems  to   be  able to  tilt a  little. Surely  this  will break  someday  with regular  use?