Does Casio have some synth with such easy to press keys, just for practising ?

goran

Hi, want to ask, I started practising piano for few months, about 3 hours a day, and I have solid pain in my fingers bones.
Is it normal for beginner ?
is there a digital piano with very low pressure keys ?

Does Casio have some synth with such easy to press keys, just for practising ?

Thank you

• Like 1

Yes its normal, You're beginning to form muscle memory in the finger.

It means you're mind is building a map to how key pressure feels at different velocity,

at least when practice right.

If correct you're practicing sheet should have some indication how to play in which piano dynamic.

Like playing fortissimo ( ff - very loud ) mezzo forte (  mf  - moderately loud ) , mezzo piano(mp - moderately soft) as well pianissimo(pp - very soft )

The CTK series have standard key's but if you want to learn piano then playing on weighted key's is better.

Have a good practice :).

• Like 1

I think you might want to consult a pro classically trained player (if you haven't taken any lessons from anyone yet)  or look on Youtube to see if someone has posted directions for proper finger, hand, wrist and arm position when playing a weighted-key instrument. You should not be feeling much pain if you are executing properly. and you are in danger of permanently damaging your fingers, hands and wrists if not done correctly.

There should be a combined weight distribution coming from all 4 parts of you-your fingers, hands, wrists and forearm, equally distributed for harder playing-your fingers alone should not bear the weight of hitting the keys and this may be why you are experiencing this type of pain. proper weight distribution will give you endurance (you may know that already don't mean to speak down to you)  And relaxation is important-any excess tension in your playing will affect your ability to develop proper muscle development/coordination and can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome/repetitive stress injury (nerve damage).I don't mean to scare you-but if you damage yourself, you will never be able to play, correctly or incorrectly.  And i agree with XW-if you want to develop as a classical player, weighted keys set up correctly is better, my Casio Privias seem to have a very balanced feel across the octaves which is very important to proper technique development and fluid playing.

If nothing else, make sure to keep your wrists straight in relation to your arms regardless of how you position your fingers-bending your wrists up or down constantly will almost always result in carpal tunnel syndrome. You may not notice it at first, but I've seen to many musicians cripple themselves because they did not know this simple technique-and computer keyboardists as well. and every player is slightly different-I've seen tremendous speed execution by both curved finger and flat finger techniques-I use both depending on the piece I'm practicing. Fast Bach passages will require different technique than full-hand slow chords at fortissimo such as in many Beethoven, Chopin and other composer's pieces. I hope I've helped. keep those fingers flying!

• Like 2

All the new CTKs and WKs have spring-loaded, not piano-weighted keys if that's what you would prefer. I regularly play the XW-P1 with spring-loaded unweighted keys as well as my weighted PX350 and PX575. the weighted keys definitely require a different playing technique.

• Like 1