Video Files on Forum ×

Notes Don't Sound on PX350

sus4

Is it possible to clean the contacts under the keyboard?  There are 3 notes that only sound when I hit them hard.  When I gently tap them all I hear is the tap.

It would be great if the contacts under the hammers could all be cleaned, maybe that's why I'm getting uneven tone in some of the keys.  I'm assuming that's the problem.

I'm pretty handy so taking the keyboard apart is not a problem.

Thanks,

Yes, there is a rubber strip under the keys. Dirt or dust sometimes gets under these and messes up keys.

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, as well as tips on taking apart similar models of keyboards. I don't have the handy but someone else might, or you could do a search.

You can see how I disassembled my px350 to do some repairs to the key assembly. To get under the rubber contacts will take quite a bit of this. Look for my posts about this under the PX series posts. I posted a lengthy and detailed description of the inside of the px350 including some pics. And be very careful cleaning the rubber contacts. Don't use anything that could deteriorate or contaminate these. It will ruin them. The toughest part will be testing the keys while everything is disassembled to make sure your repair worked. I would try to do that before you put everything back together. And it may be as simple as tightening the plastic frame above the keys inside under the top case or adjusting something that could have been jarred out of alignment. Remember that anything you do will void your warranty if you still are covered by Casio. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for your replies.  I thought I would blow out any dust or dirt that was there.  I have a compressor that seems to have done the job.

I thought before I attempt taking the 350 apart I would blow it out first and it seems to have worked.  The notes I was referring to are definitly better.

I have one other note that i seem to have missed, so I try that one again.

• Like 1

Glad this worked so well and so simply. I'm surprised too. The rubber contacts are (from what I saw on mine) pretty well sealed, but even a tiny bit of contamination can affect key response. Taking apart the PX350 is not a small task, i did it only because I needed to restore the worn felt strips inside, I wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been absolutely necessary. Do you keep the keyboard covered when not in use? And if you play out with this alot, I have always been amazed at how much junk gets inside my keyboards-almost as if it is attracted inside by just playing the keys. Must have a pretty strong compressor!

The compressor I have is not a commercial one, not very big or strong, but strong enough to do the job.  I never keep my keyboard covered at home, but now that you suggested it, it's not a bad idea and I don't use my keyboard out on gigs very much now that the music business is very slow.  I just noticed their are two more keys that don't sound right to me so I'll blast them again and see if that works, it not, I'm not going to worry about it since they're both at the high end of the keyboard and I really don't feel like taking the keyboard apart.