MZ-X300 Demo by Rich

AlenK

People in a certain forum (not this one) have been bitchin' and complainin' about the lack of demos showing off the styles and non-synth PCM sounds in the new MZ models. This recent video should go some way toward placating them:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlenK said:

People in a certain forum (not this one) have been bitchin' and complainin' about the lack of demos showing off the styles and non-synth PCM sounds in the new MZ models. This recent video should go some way toward placating them:

Great demo there from Rich, thanks, AlenK for posting. 

"...This recent video should go some way toward placating them:.."  (unquote)

Possibly you refer to those bitter old codgers from 'Tantrums-R-Us'?  Don't bother placating, sir, just write 'em off as yesterday's men.  Besides watching their blood pressure, they should bear in mind that it was Rumpelstiltskin's own fury caused him to tear himself in two. :banana:

...Meanwhile, my own blue beast is on its way from Thomann :)

I don't think we should be disrespectful. Musical tastes vary. A lot of people evidently enjoy playing popular songs from many different eras on a keyboard by themselves. Arrangers allow that to happen. It's a potentially lucrative market for any manufacturer. These new keyboards address that market better than anything Casio has had since the MZ-2000 stopped being produced. They include all the traditional musical styles. They also include features such as the touchpads that should make the EDM crowd sit up and take notice. These are not your father's arrangers. :) 

You're quite right, AlenK, I'll take that rebuke, no problem.  (no offence to codgers intended, either). :)

MZ-X500 arrived this morning from Thomann of Germany:  double boxed, very well packed and took less than a week from ordering to delivery.

What a fantastic looking keyboard this is.  Look forward to some serious fun times, learning as I go. 

UK sun is shining bright right now, so even new keyboards must get in line.    

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, Lobbard said:

You're quite right, AlenK, I'll take that rebuke, no problem.  (no offence to codgers intended, either). :)   

I didn't mean it as a rebuke, really. I just don't want to give anyone any unwarranted reasons to dismiss Casio products or users of same (like us). Some people have big enough pre-conceived negative opinions as it is. However, they do open themselves to criticism when they say things that aren't true, such as claiming that posts on Facebook and even here were deleted because they stated negative opinions about Casio (here and again here). And some of the posters at the site in question seem to post before they have had their morning coffee, if you know what I mean. Just observe some of the responses when I posted the same video there.  

• Like 1

As this thread has included already a comment implying that typical arranger users tend to be older folk, at least in the USA, I will post another such comment. The age trend does seem to be true and it appears to be one reason that some posters in a certain arranger forum have been so critical, even openly hostile, to the new MZ models. A video of an entertainer at some sort of function (looks like it was in a basement!) was just posted there and one of the responses was "Now that's entertainment!!!"  The entertainer is playing trombone, dancing and singing. The dance moves, which include tap, are straight out of the 1920's. The performance of that hoofer was the bee's knees (some 20's lingo there) but I prefer to see that sort of thing in old movies.

7 hours ago, AlenK said:

As this thread has included already a comment implying that typical arranger users tend to be older folk, at least in the USA, I will post another such comment. The age trend does seem to be true and it appears to be one reason that some posters in a certain arranger forum have been so critical, even openly hostile, to the new MZ models. A video of an entertainer at some sort of function (looks like it was in a basement!) was just posted there and one of the responses was "Now that's entertainment!!!"  The entertainer is playing trombone, dancing and singing. The dance moves, which include tap, are straight out of the 1920's. The performance of that hoofer was the bee's knees (some 20's lingo there) but I prefer to see that sort of thing in old movies.

Yes indeed, the unwarranted, anti-Casio vitriol of certain members of that forum appears to be reaching fever pitch of late.   What happened the high standards of discussion of that forum, where members could offer encouragement to beginners,  seek advice from the pros, or share tips?  Why the owners of that forum should allow this obnoxious, hysterical  'claque' to operate from their base, I don't really know.  

However, on the positive side,  I observe that a few members of that forum are now openly discussing the possibility of getting a MZ-X500. :lol:    Give it time, and a whole load of new members will be heading this way.