New in box PX-5S key broken upon delivery

Maestro D

So I get my new PX-5S today. Woohoo! Open the box, take the tape off the keys, set it on my stand and one of the keys DROP(broken)?!?!? Anyone had this happen before? The store was very helpful and will send me another unit but I gotta wait until next week as they don't ship on weekends. 

Anyone had this happen before? I've heard too many times that this is a great board but Is this a sign?! #pissed. 

image.jpeg

I think if you search the forums and the web that you'd find that this type of thing is EXTREMELY rare.  I actually don't think I've seen an issue specifically like this before.  Knowning the mechanics of the action, I'm not entirely sure how this would happen actually.  Really sorry, I'll notify Japan of this issue.  If you're in the USA or Canada, let me know your dealer so I can reach out to them.

• Like 1

I'm in Atlanta GA. I bought it new from Zzounds. The rep was helpful and asked if I wanted to return it and cancel the order. I stated no; I want another board as FAST as I can! I was gonna use it in my show tomorrow but I guess not now. However, I plan to use the new one in next weeks show. 

Thanks Mike for the insanely fast response!! 

-Darrell Young

• 4 years later...

Well, I got one of the Rare instances - @Mike Martin

I just received my new PX-5S and when I removed the tape from the keys, several were out of position. I guess an issue with the hammers?

The dealer said they don't have one in stock to replace it and thought I might check into warranty repair? As you can imagine, I would prefer to swap it out for another one.   

BTW, I am in NJ, near Freehold if that helps.

IMG_20200701_213940.jpg

• 1 month later...