Video Files on Forum ×

Gig Bag for my PX560

whonozz

I bought a gig bag from thomann.de for my px-5s. Nice quality although it does not have shoulder straps. Price 45€. In India I let make a gig bag with shoulder straps for my px-560 at Furtado's in Madgaon Goa for 2500RS (33€) with even thicker padding.

After literally searching the world, I’ve ordered this Ritter gig bag from Thomann in Germany. 

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ritter_rkp2_keyboard_1340310170_brd.htm

I believe it will be of a better build than a Privia bag, possibly a Gador, yet still lightweight with strong handles for getting my PX560 to and from gigs and still offering a degree of protection.

Ritter had other bags with what looked like firmer sides, more protective padding and wheels, but for me the price was over my budget.  I also looked at Soundwear bags, but couldn’t find the one I wanted via a European store who would ship to the US and Soundwear's website didn’t offer a “shop” or “shopping cart” link on their site.

My bag should arrive this week and I’ll be putting it to the test right away.  Will post my thoughts for anyone interested.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've been using the Nord Gig Bag (GB88) for years!  Its been on stairs, concrete, dirt, mud, stones, venues from hell, and just about every type of terrain you can think of.  Still holding strong.  The Priva fits right in!!  This case offers excellent protection, and it also has a handle on the back - halfway between the top & bottom of the case - which is important because you can wheel the case like a dollie or hand cart.  Much better than using just the top handle (which makes you tote a lot more weight as opposed to operating it like a hand cart).

Its not cheap at $299, but its come down in price (it was $499 just a couple of years ago).

Check it out here.

Chuck, the Nord bag looks good! I bought a Gator bag, which I'm satisfied with. The idea of wheels on the bag like the Nord's, while it still being somewhat flexible, is good. Its not that the keyboard is heavy, but less stress on the shoulders and wrist picking up and carrying the instrument. I used a Nord Electro for years with the bag (no wheels on that one); their bags seem very durable. My Gator bag is this model.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2016 at 7:00 AM, Joe Muscara said:

The Privia bag from Casio should fit. AFAIK, the new Privias are the same basic dimensions as all the older models.

For what it's worth, I own the 560 and that bag, and confirm that it fits.  Based on published specs, the dimensions of the 560 are a little larger than any of the keyboards the bag is listed as fitting, but it still seems to work.

I've only used it once so for, and haven't used any of the competition, so I can't compare or comment on durability.