Video Files on Forum ×

"No media" message displayed despite connected USB drive

I'm trying to use a flash drive with my PX-360 for the first time.  I found a stick to use (USB 2.0) and formatted it without the "quick format" option to FAT32 using Windows, just like the user manual recommends.  Plugging the drive into the piano seems to have no effect whatsoever.  I don't get any feedback on the screen (such as "mounting," etc.) and my flash drive does not light up as it does when used with computers.  Attempting to access "MEDIA" from the main menu results in a "ERROR No Media!" message.

Here is a list of other things I've attempted to do without avail:

1) Add a "MUSICDAT" folder to the root of the drive.

2) Use two other flash drives.

3) Power off and on my piano.

4) Perform a factory reset on my piano.

5) Unplug all cables from the from the piano (headphones, sustain pedal, power) and reinsert just the power cable.

Based on my forum searches, it seems like a variant of this issue is common on the PX-5S, but the solutions there seem to do with a separate firmware issue.  Has anybody encountered an issue like this on the PX-360, or else would anybody be able to offer some advice?

Thank you for reading. :)

6 hours ago, swistak said:

How big is your flash drive? You might be hitting some limit.

Please check this out: (video)

Thanks for the the quick reply.  I've tried with a 512 MB drive, a 2 GB drive, and a 4 GB drive.

5 hours ago, Scott Hamlin said:

Hey there and welcome to the Casio forums. Do you have a different flash drive you can try? That would be the first thing I would try...

Thanks for the response.  I have tried three different USB drives without any luck.  None of them "light up" or are recognized by the piano.

1 hour ago, BradMZ said:

In addition to what the guys said.  Is anything in the MUSICDAT folder?  What function are you using on the 350 when the no media message appears? 

Thanks for replying.  Initially I tried it without the MUSICDAT folder; later, I added the folder but kept it completely empty.  To be clear, this is a PX-360, not a 350.  I'm supposed to be able to access the drive by pressing "media" on the main menu, which doesn't work.  "Audio recorder" should also attempt to access the USB and it too fails.

• Like 1

I tried charging my phone with the USB port, but it doesn't work.

At this point, it looks like the USB port is faulty.  I was really hoping that $900 would get me something that worked out of the box, but that's not the case.  Next step is figuring how to get the piano serviced.

Thank you to everybody who lent me their advice in this thread.

• 2 months later...

There is an issue about usb memory. Privia does not recognize usb drive if it is connected while Privia is already ON. I see this problem every time. To solve the problem keep memory stick connected and power-cicle Privia. The issue is about plug and play, not about size of the drive.

The concerns described on the video do not look as a problem at all.

Recorder works in two modes - MIDI and Audio. In MIDI all recordings stored on the internal memory. Therefore there is no need to have external memory to save your ideas ;) After recording completed you can copy all MIDI data to the external drive. Recording of audio goes directly to usb drive. I would say it intended to be used for mastering not for saving sketches.

On 6/9/2016 at 9:49 PM, hummusisyummus said:

I tried charging my phone with the USB port, but it doesn't work.

At this point, it looks like the USB port is faulty.  I was really hoping that $900 would get me something that worked out of the box, but that's not the case.  Next step is figuring how to get the piano serviced.

Thank you to everybody who lent me their advice in this thread.

Just a note:

I have three things connected to USB port (PX-360) A phone, a little LED lamp and a memory stick. All of them work fine. 

On 6/9/2016 at 2:03 AM, swistak said:

How big is your flash drive? You might be hitting some limit.

Please check this out:

The concerns described on the video do not look as a problem at all.

Recorder works in two modes - MIDI and Audio. In MIDI all recordings stored on the internal memory. Therefore there is no need to have external memory to save your ideas ;) After recording completed you can copy all MIDI data to the external drive. Recording of audio goes directly to usb drive. I would say it intended to be used for mastering not for saving sketches.

I stopped watching this man, since he does not go deep into a problem, making a big sense out of nothing (not the first time).

Turn Privia OFF.

Plugin memory stick

Turn Privia ON

The End.

In addition.

The plug and play issue does not happen at all if I use an addition USB hub which is connected to USB port on PX all the time.

I got some simple 4 port USB Hub.

The Hub plugged-in all the time. Now I can connected and disconnect a memory stick at any moment without any problem.

Just a simple work around for the "No Media" issue.

• 1 year later...