MZ-X500 volume knob - no resistance.

Lobbard

Hi, enjoying my new MZ-X500 immensely - so much stuff to try. Just fitted my screen protector (thanks, Brad) plus a little one for around the volume knob (to save fingernail scrapes).  Intend doing a strip for the three control knobs, too, but for that I'll be needing the return of my circle cutter, if my good friend can take a friendly hint. :)  

Was taken by surprise by the really loud speakers on this machine, even louder than the PSR 9000!   That must be good news for anyone considering the MZ-X500 for small-crowd gigs, where they might not need external amps?  

Is it me, or is there hardly any resistance on the volume knob?  Works as it should, no problem, and the knob is firm, not sideways wobbly, but compared to other keyboards I've owned, this lack of 'turning' resistance is something I noticed straight off.  Other items, TV, Samplers, DVD players, usually have this firm resistance on volume knobs, so I wonder if this is normal for the machine?  If so,  I'll get used to it, but take care not to wake the neighbours.

cheers for reading 

Good idea putting down more scratch protection.  And yes, the speakers are 40 watts of power.  Very loud!  As far a volume knob resistance, it sounds like yours is normal.  The volume control is digital rather than analog and the lower resistance helps with quick volume adjustments.  It also removes any chance of a dirty pot causing noise in the signal. Very good idea from Casio.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradMZ said:

Good idea putting down more scratch protection.  And yes, the speakers are 40 watts of power.  Very loud!  As far a volume knob resistance, it sounds like yours is normal.  The volume control is digital rather than analog and the lower resistance helps with quick volume adjustments.  It also removes any chance of a dirty pot causing noise in the signal. Very good idea from Casio.  

Much obliged, Brad, for your explanation.   Am adapting to it already, by allowing my fingernails to touch the case when needing micro increments. 

cheers,  Lobbard