My Privia PX-330 is a half step off (Bb=440Mhz).   Panel Lock and Setting Backup are both turned off.   The manual instructions for a factory reset (hold tone and function buttons while turning keyboard on) don't work (Display reads "please wait" for hours on end.)

Anyone got any ideas?  I suppose I could set the keyboard to transpose a half step and store the settings but that's a band-aid.  I'm hoping one of you has the cure.

15 hours ago, Dick Schmttt said:

I suppose I could set the keyboard to transpose a half step and store the settings but that's a band-aid.  I'm hoping one of you has the cure.

Isn't that what might have happened in the first place? I think that somehow your PX-330 got transposed and you need to transpose it back.

Joe,

Thanks for your response.  I may have inadvertently set the keyboard a half step up, but it does not show that in the function setting.  I would assume if I had done that, unless I had the settings save key turned on, the next time I turned the keyboard off, it would go back to concert pitch. (reference E-42 in manual). (Hence the mention of the settings setting above.)

I would like to do a factory reset to see if that clears it up.  My keyboard won't do the factory reset as described in the manual (holding down tone and function key while starting the keyboard).  I think it might be easier to fix the factory reset issue and see if that clears up my problem.  Casio phone support can't seem to solve either of these problems and suggested I post to the forum to see if anyone else had solved this problem.

You would think the casio folks could tell me how to get my keyboard back to factory settings, at least.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Joe (and any others interested),

The solution was incredibly simple (once I found it, of course).  Rotating the pitch blend wheel a couple of times brought the keyboard back to concert pitch.  Apparently something had gotten stuck inside.

BTW: I would still like to know why Casio's factory reset won't work. 

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

My Privia PX-330 is refusing to turn completely on.  It freezes after the row of red lights comes on and the window says "please wait."  I've tried reset, unplug, nothing has worked.  Does anyone have help??   Someone mentioned a Casio phone line?  How can I find that number?

20 hours ago, Dot said:

My Privia PX-330 is refusing to turn completely on.  It freezes after the row of red lights comes on and the window says "please wait."  I've tried reset, unplug, nothing has worked.  Does anyone have help??   Someone mentioned a Casio phone line?  How can I find that number?

Unfortunately this sounds like it will need servicing.  Those symptoms are indicating a hardware fault, possibly requiring replacement of parts.  A reputable local repair technician may be able to help.