Video Files on Forum ×

Hex Layer Question

whonozz

Is there a way to take a factory preset Hex Layer and after using the editor to change some of the envelopes on several individual layers, how might I either save those changes in place or rename and move what I’ve created to one of the “user tones”  (101 – 200)?

I’ll admit I’m very new to this instrument, but it seems I’m have to do quite a bit of “fumbling around” do to the lack of detailed information within the PX-560 User’s Guide about Hex Layers.

For instance, last evening I spent time playing around with Hex Layer number 074, “Sample&Hold”.  After placing that Hex Layer in Upper 1, I opened it up with the Edit link and soloed each of the six layers, changed a few envelopes, volumes etc. and in time got that Hex Layer sounding to my liking.  Not knowing what to do next in order to “save” my changes, I tried storing them in an open Bank and Area.  Then hoping for the best, I returned to the main screen by pressing Grand Piano, which brought me back to the PX560’s start up settings.  Then I pressed the newly created Bank and Area number I’d been working on to see if the changes were saved.  Hex Layer “Sample&Hold” was indeed in Upper I, but upon playing I immediately noticed my changes did not come back.

Not wanting to waste anymore time “fumbling around” and since Casio for some reason omitted really explaining how to edit and store Hex Layers, I’ll have to rely on my other forum uses to help me out.

• Like 1

it looks like you did not save the changes as a new tone

• Bank Hex-Layer
  • Choose the Tone
  • EDIT
  • Change the parameteres as you like
  • in Layer you can change each 1 of the 6 tones differently
  • if you choose ALL applies the same changes to the 6 parts
  • WRITE to an other user location
  • Rename
  • Sure? Save

• 9 months later...

well casio? where is the real users manual????? or at least a book published on the 560m?????? or is everyone supposed to have the internet and use this forum....perhaps the site administrators could download their help files to the site and we could kludge together a real manual.....!