drawbars...

willisdotcom

I don't have the PX560 (yet) but I've had no luck with this with my older PX350 trying to accomplish the same thing. Maybe the 560 is better in this regard.

Part of the problem I think is that this requires knowledge of sysex commands and control change numbers specifically for the drawbar settings dedicated to the PX560. These are in the midi implementation, but I did not have the ability to get all the necessary code into my external controllers for the PX350. I'm still trying with a Korg Microkontrol which is fully programmable.

There are freeware software Windows programs that simulate drawbars in software but I couldn't get these to work either. I found these at www.hitsquad.com also called shareware music machine. Maybe you will have better luck (or skills). Even the IDES 4.0 Casio software I use with my PX575 can do this-has a software drawbar GUI that works, but only on the PX575. One thing I'm pretty sure about-the first thing that will need to be programmed into whatever controller (or software) you will try must specify the midi "instrument ID" first. in order to be recognized by most hardware and software devices. The other possibility is to check in with Mike Martin and see if the Apple platform Midi Designer program will accomplish this. He already had posted to me that Midi designer will work with the PX350 if you have an Apple ipad so maybe it will work with the PX560.

• Like 1

The 350 and 560 do not have virtual drawbar organ tones. Without those, you have nothing to control.  No organ tones where the drawbars can be adjusted....at all.  Now the 560 does have hex layer tones.  These can be similar to drawbar mode where you can adjust the level of each individual layer but it will never be the same as the virtual organ mode found in other Casio products.  Controlling those layers from external gear is another issue. I think it is all sysex as Jokeyman stated.  The knobs on the 560 can easily be programmed to control hex layer layers however. 

• Like 1

Thanks Brad-that didn't occur to me. sorry if I mis-directed. I was dabbling with all this in a (vain) attempt to get the PX350 to respond to an external controller for anything-DSP effects, volume levels for each track in the sequencer-all the features that are now apparently in the new PX360 and PX560! I am considering swapping up myself but I put so much work into the 350, and I already needed to convert my work shed into a small studio just to fit all my music stuff somewhere, I have no room at the Music Inn for anything else....sigh again! :banghead: