Video Files on Forum ×

Just got a WK 220 Quesitons about PC use

The WK-220 will store up to 32 setup registrations to the keyboard's internal memory.  No USB needed for that !  See Pages E48 and E49 of the manual for saving/recalling registrations.

If you need more than 32 registrations, you can use the Casio Data Manager 5.0 (NOT 6.1) software to exchange complete registration files (32 registrations each) with a computer attached to the USB port.  You can use this same connection to back-up all user data from the keyboard to a computer.  See page E62 of the manual.

You can download the Data Manager 5.0 software from here:

http://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=70

Thanks  Tnicoson,

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I take it that I do not have to be concerned of losing my registration "tone and rhythm" setups [up to 32] and have the flexibility of adding, editing and deleting registrations changes as desired. However, as you stated, once I need more registrations, then I can use the CDM 5.0.

Appreciate the help.

THE MAN

That is essentially correct, but there is no registration "editor".  You just bring up the one you want to change ("edit"), make the changes you want, and just re-save it to the same Bank and Registration number, and you can not delete a registration.  You just over-write an un-needed/unused one when you add a new one.  The jeopardy you are in, if you do not back them up to a computer, is that if the keyboard ever locks up on you and you have to do a factory reset, you will lose ALL of your user files.  This could represent a lot of time and effort.