Video Files on Forum ×

Volume knob Issue

tonymtz

Hello guys,

I am having a very bad time with my Privia PX-5S, I bought it in December 31st, 2014, and for the first time I'm experiencing some issues regarding the volume knob, it isn't work properly, it gives the same volume when turning up or down, and there is a point where should be volume 0 where you can appreciate a noise, pretty much like the two states devices (a button) and instead of giving an especific amount of resistance it's giving just "On" and "Off".

I don't know if this is new for you or it is a common situation. I live in Mexico, and the purchase was in the US, what do you recommend me?

Please check the video.... help me ='(

By the way this issue seems to be like a shortcut, sometimes happens and after an specific amount of time it solves by itself but in the end it happens again.

Thank you in advance

Tony Martinez

IMG_4042.MOV

• 3 weeks later...

i have another issue related to the volume knob.... 

the volume starts to ramp up till about half way, then the second half of the knob keeps pretty much the same volume, and while is ok for me to use with headphones, can be a little weak for some users.