Video Files on Forum ×

michaelfree73

Hello Casio users,

I am a new member and own the PX 160 Privia and will receive my new WK 245 tomorrow(thursday June, 23,16.  I have found an old Guitar Center gift certificate that could make up the difference between the WK 245 to upgrade to the WK 7600 if i felt it would be a meaningful upgrade. I do solo gigs at nursing homes and various lounges in Ct. I don't actually have a need for an extensive rhythm section as my act is primarily acoustic with an occasional back track supplied by my iPod. So finally, my question is; Are the sounds available(including layered tones) far better on the 7600 as opposed to the 245? i do appreciate rich tones but again i'm wanting to know if the difference is substantial. I would appreciate any insight, 

Tom

Michael

I believe the basic wave samples on the WK-245 and the WK-7600 are the same.  What makes the difference is the rest of the sound circuits - the wave shaping sound engine itself, the digital-analog converters, the amplifiers and speakers, and the WK-7600's onboard Equalizer.  When I play my WK-225 and then my WK-7500, while using the Auto-accompaniment rhythms, it is hard to tell the difference, especially if I am using an external amp and speakers.  Any subtle sound quality difference in the lead (right hand) tones tends to get lost in the mix, but if I am playing solo piano, EP, guitar, horn, etc mode (even with a layered tone)  then there is a very distinct advantage to the WK-7500.  Since you do not seem to be interested in Auto-accompaniment, I am wondering if you would be better off considering a PX-5S.  I think it might be more suited to the professional use you describe,

Regards,

Ted

• Like 1

Ok, very interesting Ted. It sounds like they do use the same samples. My thoughts are that i would have an easier time adjusting levels on the 7600 live on layers and the fact that some tones are nicer as you point out on the 7600. I decided to upgrade to the 7600 with a gift card that i already have. Yes the PX-5S would be a perfect board for my needs but i like the idea of a slightly smaller and lighter board as well as saving money. I think the lighter action on the WK will be less fatiguing during gigs as well. I also own a PX 160 for straight piano tones and feel and i love this board as well.

Again, I appreciate your knowledge with this gear, its great to hear how in depth you are able to go on this excellent gear.

Tom