PX560 User Registration Loads and Save

Julian

Ive had ctks, px350 and now the px560, safely assure the px560 satisfies all I I wanted from a portable piano, sounds, hex layers, and midi control to my computer for vsts

However, I did download the casio and user created sound files from this site and its quite simple to load into the px560.

What I cannot work out is why the name of the ZRM file on the usb stick will not move over to the user location selected in the px560, eg Bank 1 area 1, 2, 3 Bank 2 area 1, 2, 3 and so on?

The tone files do exactly this, but not registration files?

Is this a problem with my unit, I'm running latest update 1.10?

There is a way to remember a registration if you do the save all command.  In the registration save all it allows you name the save all file as a total file of 24 banks x 4 user areas.

Therefore if you cant be arsed writing down each of your user area registrations for your playing the easy thing to do is save each one in bank 1  area 1 and do a save all naming the file what you want.

Downside of this of course is if you have say 20 favourite performance registrations you would have 20 save all files named on your usb stick, and load each one to play separately.

I have worked for 2 international Japanese companies and I can say the hours we spent in continuous improvement meetings took precedence to improve product, I cant think for the life in me why casio omitted the user area file name operation??

• 7 months later...

Wow I'm new to PX-560 and I am hopeful Casio will correct this. Saving and naming registrations is such a basic organizational need for live performers. You need to be able to easily recall banks of registrations by name. On my Nord Stage 2, I name registrations  like "Piano/Strings & Bass", "Rhodes/Strings & Bass", "Piano solo" , "Clav Solo" etc. Each song has a unique registration needed and you need to be able to simply find and load on the fly quickly.