Questions about the MZ-X keyboards

central616

Hi guys. I was listenig to the MZ-X500 demos, and I think that it's an amazing board, though far from clear my doubts they have done nothing but deepen them.

I have some questions:

1. Toneweel organ: It's the same as on XW-P1?
  2. Syntesizer: Does it have a monophonic synth like the XW-P1?
  3. Hex layer: Same engine as PX-5S and PX-560?
  4. PCM Sounds: They are the same on PX-560? I heard beatiful strings on the MZ-X500, with a lot of artuculations. I don't know if the PX-560 can do that.

Thanks and keep CASIO growing!

1.  Does it have 9 sliders that act as drawbars like the XW-P1?  Yes.  Does it sound the same as the XW-P1? No.  The MZ-X series organ mode (VTW = Virtual Tone Wheel) is freshly redesigned with a new tone wheel organ engine.  It now has foldback, tonewheel leakage noise, drawbar noise, running noise and a new synthesis drawbar sound type. Here is some pics of the VTW menus.    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.256254298085646&type=1

2. The MZ-X500 has a new mono mode for hex layer tones.  However, the layer architecture, DSP and live control is different between the XW and MZ-X. 

3. All of the great things about hex layer tones from the PX-5S and PX-560 are in the MZ-X500 plus much more.  

4. Many factory samples found on the PX-560 are in the MZ-X series but many are completely new on the MZ-X.  Like the new solo violin, solo trumpet and more.  Also keep in mind, the MZ-X series has flash expansion memory for loading new tones with new samples (256mb for the MZ-X500 and 128mb for the MZ-X300).  A new software tool allows users to create their own PCM tones with new sample content.  

• Like 1

On 04/07/2016 at 11:46 AM, BradMZ said:

1.  Does it have 9 sliders that act as drawbars like the XW-P1?  Yes.  Does it sound the same as the XW-P1? No.  The MZ-X series organ mode (VTW = Virtual Tone Wheel) is freshly redesigned with a new tone wheel organ engine.  It now has foldback, tonewheel leakage noise, drawbar noise, running noise and a new synthesis drawbar sound type. Here is some pics of the VTW menus.    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.256254298085646&type=1

2. The MZ-X500 has a new mono mode for hex layer tones.  However, the layer architecture, DSP and live control is different between the XW and MZ-X. 

3. All of the great things about hex layer tones from the PX-5S and PX-560 are in the MZ-X500 plus much more.  

4. Many factory samples found on the PX-560 are in the MZ-X series but many are completely new on the MZ-X.  Like the new solo violin, solo trumpet and more.  Also keep in mind, the MZ-X series has flash expansion memory for loading new tones with new samples (256mb for the MZ-X500 and 128mb for the MZ-X300).  A new software tool allows users to create their own PCM tones with new sample content.  

Let's go then

1- How many layers of multisamples MZ-X500 accept?
2-The multisamples tones can be used as an example in the rhythms bass line?
3-They told me that the MZ-X500 only accepts 1 sample layer for user drum kit, it is true?
4-What is the maximum time for multisamples loop?
5-How fills the MZX have?
6-MZ-X500 accepts create arrangements in styles for major and minor chords separately?
7-The break button gives to create an independent or fill it only adds a pause in bar?
8-Is there any sync button to stop the style as you hit the chord as it has in korgs, Rolands and Yamahas?
  Thank you ! 

1 - The expansion content software tool is expected to be released this month.  We will know the details then.   

2 - Yes. Anywhere factory tones can be used.

3 - This is currently true for creating drum kits from samples recorded on the pads.  However, the coming update and software could open up other possibilities. Stay tuned.

4 - Same answer as #1

5 - How many rhythm "fill-in"?  4 

6 - I'm not sure I completely understand the question.  I'm thinking the answer is no.  

7 - Break adds a pause.

8 - It has syncro start and stop. When a chord is released, the rhythm stops.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradMZ said:

1 - The expansion content creator software has not been released yet. We don't know the details yet.  It is expected to be released this month. 

2 - Yes. Anywhere factory tones can be used.

3 - This is currently true for creating drum kits from samples recorded on the pads.  However, the coming update and software could open up other possibilities. Stay tuned.

4 - Same answer as #1

5 - How many rhythm "fill-in"?  4 

6 - I'm not sure I completely understand the question.  I'm thinking the answer is no.  

7 - Break adds a pause.

8 - It has syncro start and stop. When a chord is released, the rhythm stops.   

"6 - I'm not sure I completely understand the question.  I'm thinking the answer is no."  

It is a feature where you mount the style chords with major natural
  minor or seventh and keyboard recognizes each recording in the way and makes the exchange arrangement.

Sorry my english :P

I think what you are asking Silvano is whether the MZ will play a different style variation based upon whether you are playing a minor, major or dominant chord. I don't own an MZ so I can't answer but I know the older Gem SK series did this as do possibly other "inelliegent" arrangers. The older Roland RA arrangers also did something similar to this. Passing this on so maybe Brad will be able to answer.

• Like 1

You hit Jokeyman123, some old keyboards did this, this feature is very good for intros and endings.
Thanks BradMZ have another question:
When you jump the MAINS rhythm.
MZ-X can be programmed to give autofill? MAIN A to B (fill) B to C (fill) Cto D (Fill)?

BradMZ the break button you could leave as one does everything in a future update of the keyboard.
In Roland E-50 has a V-LINK button is not used and then update it can be directed to many things since the style off and leave the drum or fills.
A break button only pause could give way to sync a one button only