PX 560 buzzing sounds/vibration for E.piano and bass sounds

KarthikPai

I noticed an issue in the built in speakers since the day i purchased PX 560. When the volume is over 50% and I play bass notes between E1 to A2 I get buzzing noise and vibration. This noise is very noticeable for E.piano sounds and Fingered bass sounds.
I also got it my piece replaced and the new one also has the same problem. 

Can anyone let me know if this is a known issue? 

PS: This is not applicable when played with earphones, external speakers and usb recording

I do not know if this is a known issue, but given the plastic cabinet construction in which the speakers are mounted it obviously is an issue for you! One possibiilty-are you placing it on the factory stand or is it sitting on something else when you play? Given the lightweight cabinet design, there may be a vibration in between there somewhere.Without voiding any warranty make sure all the cabinet screws are tight underneath-shipping from the factory could have caused that although 2 keyboards in a row... If this is brand new I'd have a go at a 3rd but maybe from a different seller! I'll leave it at that. Maybe others here will check in to help.

Thank you @Jokeyman123 for the response.

Here are some clarifications:

" are you placing it on the factory stand or is it sitting on something else when you play? " ---> NO. I am using Hercules KS 201B keyboard stand. 

" Without voiding any warranty make sure all the cabinet screws are tight underneath-shipping from the factory could have caused that although 2 keyboards in a row. " --> Checked. Issue still persists.

Without "dissing" Casio, and keeping in mind my PX350 is older and well-played-and that it is sinmilarly constructed (it looks reasonably so),  I did need to re-tighten screws holding the internal speakers in place and also added some acoustic baffling material inside, to dampen the vibrations that caused something similar to what you are describing, but in my PX350. I could do this since mine was not under warranty, and it did stop some slight vibration I was getting from the lower octave pianos. Since bass frequency waves are relatively powerful kinetically (cause alot of physical air movement) I think the plastic structure of the cabinet must be well-damped-and if there is anything loose internally, including the keybed assembly, you will get vibration problems. I would return it for service or replacement, unless you are willing to re-design yours as I did mine. Or optionally, keep it connected to a better sound system. I have a small 200-watt 4-channel mixer with full equalization settings connected to 2 10" 2-way speakers in stereo. Doesn't take up too much room and the difference between this and the built-in speakers is of course, tremendous!

You probably nailed it, Jockeyman. Mine also resonates at a certain bass frequency when the volume is cranked, and I've always thought it due to cabinet resonance.  Not a big problem, because these are home or practice speakers, and a house system is likely to be used if you play at larger professional size gigs; wedge monitors too. Occasionally I utilize my studio monitors, and no problems with resonance frequencies; of course.  Plus, the sound emanating from the PX-560 is superb, and has no competition as far as I'm concerned.  

That said, I might look into beefing up the internal plastic strucure, add damping, caulk, and securely fasten the speakers.  :):):)

Thanks Trent for  the post. I have a real nice compact powered mixer with graphic and parametric eq hooked to stereo 2-way bass ducted speakers that solves the speaker problem! And yes all these later model Privias sound pretty amazing, Even my older px575 which used the older Casio sample engine has a very healthy grand piano. One of the reasons I'm active here, have found these very "playable" and so far no technical glitches with 3 different Casios for about 3 years. 

• Like 2

After I wrote about the issue, I made an effort to duplicate the notes which went into resonance.  Nothing.  I tried all notes in default grand piano, then tried most of the bass tones.  Still no vibration, buzzing, or any other distortions.  Everything is clean.  I haven't checked low organ tones or deepest synthesizer tones, but I'm ok with what I heard last night.  

Now or it could be that I changed a setting like EQ, and forgot that I did it.  Oh well.  Love the piano tone. Also adding hex to other tones fattens up the sound -- I like that too.  

• Like 1

I had no real problems with the PX350 either except that since it ended up being a store dosplay and had been played-(I knew that) I needed to replace the felt bumper strips. and while doing that decided to beef up the interior to make it acoustically less prone to vibration-I've custom built speaker cabinets for years and am a perfectionist. That plus I didn't like the idea of having all that speaker vibration interacting directly with the electronic circuits and components-yeah I'm a little nutty like that.

The strange thing about that is that now, even at relatively loud volumes and with the deepest bass, I get a very pleasant physical "feedback" hen playing, as if the entire PX is resonating on low tones giving me the impression of playing an acoustic piano or larger wood body digital (sort of). I've posted here about that already, after doing the mods.  My old AKG 240s do this-giving me the impression that my speakers are playing while I'm monitoring-the bass response is so good it creates the illusion of a live acoustic environment. or maybe it's my pain medication, or something else..................:beer::o

• Like 3