Polyphonic Arpeggios? Note Type?

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if the XW-G1 can do polyphonic arpeggios. It's a little hard to describe what I mean in text. Please bear with me while I try to explain...

I've been using an SL-20 slicer with my keyboard. It takes a note and breaks it into smaller ones. For example, it might turn a whole note held on the keyboard into a series of 8th notes. Some patterns also feature transposition. So a single held note (say a C) would become a sequence of C1, C2, C1, C2, etc.

The really cool thing about it is that it's also polyphonic. So if I held down say C and E at the same time, I could get C1/E1, C2/E2, C1/E1, C2/E2, etc. The C and E notes would play at the same time. So I'm looking for something just like that, except programmable.

Is there any way to do that on the XW-G1? The manual says mentions the "Note" arpeggio type. It says the following: "Shifts the notes produced by shifting the semitones in steps." Does that mean that you can hold multiple notes and have it play a transposed pattern of all of them symultaneously (as in, you'll hear the full chord at once with it changing all the notes for each step), or does this only do one pressed note at a time? Also, can you program that pattern?

Thanks for your help.

The XW indeed are under-rated there so much depth when sounds are combined and controls are programmed

I would recommend keyboard players who buy a synth really to get deep into the parts.  

I need a second XW, Lucky for me there is still one shop that sells them. 

• Like 1