Video Files on Forum ×

Instrument preset trouble

yang

Hello, I am a new user of the piano Casio PX5s Pro.

My piano runs the original firmware 1.13, loaded in the factory. I never changed it by myself.

I never plugged an USB drive.

I never plugged my piano to a computer or other instrument with USB or MIDI.

I reset all the factory setting in the menu.

I explain my trouble :

1- I press the power On button,

2- The instrument is loading for a few seconds,

3- The screen displays "*4-0 Grand Piano Classic"

When I play the sound is very bad, horrible, disformed and satured.

I must press and hold the button "Initialize" during two seconds, the blue led flashes severals times. The screen now displays !4-0 instead of *4-0. After I can play a beautifull classic grand piano. I like it very much. I found this tip by accident.

Each time I power on my piano, I must press this button. It is the same for the *0-0 Concert Grand Piano.

What setting I need to do for power on my instrument and play it directly without need to press the "initialize" button. I only play the classic pieces so I only need the !4-0 classical grand piano.

Thank you for your help.

- The modulation wheel is in the middle position.

- The bender wheel is in the middle position too.

- The knobs K1, K2, K3 and K4 are in the central position.

- The buttons S1, S2, S3, S4, S5 and S6 are also in the middle position.

I have two questions, it would be nice from you if you could anwser me.

1- Do you know the meaning of ! and * ? (for example !4-0 and *4-0) What is the difference between ! and * ?

2- What is the function of the button "Initialize" ? (long press down of the button bank, the blue led flashes three times)

Before write here, I looked for informations in the user's manual but I did not find.

Thank you for your help.

The modulation wheel should be all the way down, not in the middle (unless you're using it).

1. One of those means you've modified the Stage Setting. If you go to another Stage Setting and come back, those changes will be lost.

2. I've never initialized except after doing a firmware update.

You solved my trouble. Thank you ! It was the modulation wheel in the middle and not down. Now my piano sound good when I power on it. I think I touched this wheel by accident when I cleaned the dust on my instrument with a soft fabric.

I would really be happy if one day I could understand all the functions of my piano. 

• Like 1

2. This quickly sets zones 3 through 4 to OFF and zone 1 ON.  

Sets zone 1 key range to full 88 keys.

Sets zone 1 tone to the same tone number found in tone memory, replacing the possibly edited version in stage setting memory.

Sets controllers to default functions.

Sets system and master effects to defaults. 

Hello, BradMZ. Thank you for your message. But I am sorry, I am not able to clearly understand what you writted. My English is not very good. Could you please give me more details ? (what button to press, what action to do) I never used the setting functions.