Video Files on Forum ×

Fender Rhodes and MIDI

yang

Hello, since a few days I read the different informations in this forum, and I really would like to learn to use the functions of my instrument.

First question :

I would like to play the instrument Fender Rhodes, the same as this video, https://youtu.be/mrlOIidJhls

Could you explain to me, step by step, what setting I have to do on my piano ?

Second question :

I followed the user's manual and writed a Midi file exported from MuseScore to a USB drive. My piano reconize the Midi file and play it.

How to do to change the tempo and the instrument sound of this Midi file ? (example, midi sound piano, tempo 60 to sound flute tempo 80)

Thank you for your help and your time.

Unless the individual that made that YouTube video has posted his patch here for download (which it appears he has not) you would need to contact him directly to post his patch somewhere so that it could be downloaded.  For someone here to try to guess what parameter settings he used to get that exact tone would be rather difficult.  In the meantime, you might want to try downloading these:

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/category/26-electric-pianos-and-clavs/

In your MIDI file, the piano tone and the tempo of 60 were embedded in the file header by MuseScore.  You can change them manually after the file begins playing, but they will reset to the defaults embedded by MuseScore each time you restart the file.  The PX-5S can not edit MIDI files.  To permanently change the tone to "flute" and the tempo to 80, you would need to take the file back to MuseScore and edit it there.

Hello Tnicoson, thank you for helped me. I understand what you said about the Midi files and the piano. Could you explain me, step by step, how I can change the tempo and the sound manually after the file begins playing ? (I did not find how to do in the user's manual) Now I know what you explained to me, the new tempo and the new sound will be played until the end of the music. When I will start this Midi file a second time, the piano will play it without the modifications I did. The instrument is not able to write a modification inside the Midi file.

Once the Midi file begins playing, I can only press FF, REW, Pause and Stop, All the others buttons are blocked and non responding. So I am not able to use the button Tempo or select anothers instruments. I do not know why it is like that.

With following the user's manual, I tried to start the demo song. During it plays I am able to change the tempo and the instruments. 

Wow, Brad !

That sounds pretty rudimentary compared to the MIDI file player in the CTK/WK models, but I guess that is the price of other advanced features.  The versatility of zones and stage settings sounds enticing.

Sorry, Yang !

I did not realize that the MIDI file player in the PX-5S was that much different from the MIDI file players in my CTK and WK keyboards.  Based on what Brad is saying, NO you can not change the instrument sound or tempo once the MIDI file is playing on the PX-5S.  What he is suggesting is that you play it with a computer based software MIDI file player, that will allow you to make the changes you want and then play it to the PX-5S over the USB cable.  The other option is to go back to MuseScore, make the changes you want, and then generate a new MIDI file with those changes saved in it.

I will do as you adviced, I will prepare all the midi files i need to practice a piece, different tempo with inscreasing the speed step by step, etc. And in other way I can also use a stereo male Jack 3.5 mm to plug a tablet or a computer to the audio line in of the piano. It is very kind from you to help other peoples.

This morning I tried to record a wav music file on the USB drive. All worked very good, I was able to record and after listen my files. But if I power off the piano and remove my USB drive to listen my record on other devices, when I power on my piano I am unable to find and listen these files again. The piano only propose to do a new record. How I can do to listen these files again. (I did not change anythings as the name, the extension, the folders when I used my USB drive with other computer)

The PX-5S is a stage piano, midi controller and synth.  It's not really a workstation.  

For the usb audio, press the audio recorder button and use the yes and no buttons to choose a track. If files are not showing up, then nothing is there or the files are not named correctly or in the correct folder.