Video Files on Forum ×

Casio PMP-500 Keyboard

Dear Forums Readers,

I pulled my old Casio PMP-500 keyboard from 1989 out of storage from the parents basement the other day. This was back from my early band days and now I have a 15 year old son who totally digs it. Kinda cool, huh?! He is a HUGE Star Wars fan and has taught himself the theme song to The Force Awakens Does anyone in the world have access to a manual for a Casio PMP-500 keyboard (or the PMP family of keyboards)? There are features that require a bit of guidance to maximize the use of the keyboard and that was wayyyyyyyyyy too long ago for me to remember today.

Any help for links or PDF's would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Forum Readers!

s-l1600.jpg

I have to say that I have never seen a PMP 500 Casio - it must be a rare board indeed. I had a quick Google search, but couldn't find any manuals available for it. I was going to suggest maybe getting an HT manual those might share some features. However, thought the PMP is advertised above with the HT/ HZ boards, I don't think it has anything in common with them. The HT/ HZ are 8 note polyphonic and aren't able to layer tones (though they have the editable "Spectrum Dynamics" synthesis section), whereas the PMP is 10 note polyphonic and can layer tones, plus over MIDI it can be 16 note polyphonic. 

Knowing Casio, there must be other models of that era that share much of the PMP's hardware, thus a manual for a more popular model sharing this hardware should be easier to find. Problem is finding out which model(s) those could be. I can only guess it would be one of the CTK Tone Bank models available in the late 80's/ early 90's?

• 5 years later...

The PMP500 was similar to the CT460 which was a 465 tone bank fullsized  keyboard from 1989. The PMP series was called "The Professional series" on the keyboard itself. It was nothing more than the 210/465 tone bank all PCM first generation PCM keyboards that came out in 1988, with maybe some extra feature.. Sadly I can not find close up pics to verify this but the pics I have found show basically a CT460/CT640/ and for the PMP300, a CT380 keyboard with PMP as the model instead of CT. Mind you, that EXTRA feature could be MIDI related cause the CT370/CT380 did NOT have MIDI, and the PMP300 version did!

• Like 1