celviano-450 key response problem

hello every one Im new in this forum.... greetings to all

my celviano-450 WE is new only 6 months

last night sudden of all white key number 15 (from left) started to loose its tone response and become louder than all other keys 

what ever I press soft or hard its much much louder than others 

I tried unplugging the piano useless. change tone sensitivity from 1-4 its useless 

any one can help thanks

Joe's right, might need to get it repaired. Even minor dirt or something small could contaminate the contact below the key. Is the key at the same physical level as the others? In other words, does it look like it has shifted a bit up or down? This would indicate something broken in the key or it's mechanism. if this is not so, try using some compressed air-such as in computer dust aerosal containers and try to blow air around and into that key-try to get it under the back if you can. This might dislodge any contamination that could cause this. Don't use any chemical sprays-very harmful and will do more harm than good.

• Like 2

well my celviano is not under warranty cause I buy it from ordinary store not dealing with casio

any how I don't have air blower but I just tried electric cleaner with narrow head to clean up or dislodge the dirt but didn't help even I realized clean Greas come up to outside meaning good vacuum but I guess its not dirt but may be some sort simple mechanical problem under they key

Im living in Iraq Arbil as far I know there is no casio service here so will try to fix it with my brother, I mean will open it on our risk in hope to fix it

• 2 weeks later...

Good job! The carbon contacts as you have found are very sensitive, even though the rubber boots keep these contained. Glad you were able to do this. it may help others here who might have the same problem. if you are not under warranty nd have no experienced service techs near you, it doesn't hurt to learn how to repair things yourself if you have the confidence and are willing to try. "Necessity is the mother of invention'-one reason why I use Frank Zappa as my avatar.

• 2 years later...
On 8/2/2016 at 2:37 AM, drahmmed said:

Last night me and brother managed to uninstall celviano and we suceed to fix it

it was a carbon dirt on the sensor under the key now its functioning very well

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi can show me how to dismantle the top part of the keyboard in order for me to reach the keys of the keyboard?  Thanks 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello

I know this post is very old but it is the closest post I can find to my own problem. I need to open the keyboard on my AP-470 but for the life of me I cannot find any screws that would look like they will let me open it up. Anyone have any idea how to do this? When I remove the top piece in the back there is just a full sheet of this red mesh fabric with no screws......

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm disassembling a 460 now.  To disassemble the top part of the piano you have to remove the screws at the top of the back of the piano then push the whole top piece forward.  Once you get the screws removed from the back and slightly push forward, you'll see how easy it comes off.  Next step... figuring out how to get the retractable keyboard cover off.