New CGP-700 Owner

Phestus

My new CGp-700 was delivered yesterday. Took me awhile to get it put together and running, but now I am in business. Couple of questions; 1. Is there a way to adjust the touch setting\sensitivity on the touch screen? I am having troubles making mine work as I thought it would. I have resorted to using a stylus to navigate the keyboard with the screen. Using my finger is a touch and go situation. Sometimes it works with the first touch, other times takes a number of touches to get it to respond.    2. The grand piano, out of the box, does not sound as full and rich as I had hoped it would, based on a number of postings/demonstrations on YouTube. Sounds better with headphones on but I thought with a 40W system it would sound better initially. These two questions come up after playing with it for about 2/3 hours. I like the feel of the keys. The imitation ebony and ivory feel much better, and less slippery than my other keyboards have. Still have a number of things to figure out, and I'm sure that is going to take awhile. Lots of capability on this board. I look forward to hearing from anyone who can enlighten me on anything to do with this board. Anything you have encountered that gave you problems, any real surprises, etc. I really want to like and enjoy this board, and I think I will once I get everything sorted out. This will be my last board. (That's what my wife tells me!) Thank you......

Best Regards,

Phestus

Hi Phestus and welcome to the Casio Forums. 

Congrats on your CGP-700 -- I've been spending a lot of time on this lately and it's a really great instrument. It just sounds like you need to customize it some to fit your tastes. 

First for the touch settings: It's under the system settings menu:
tr.jpg

Adjust to test ^^^^ -- See page E-45 of the manual for more info: http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/Web_CGP700-ES-1A_EN.pdf

OK - So the sound "richeness" -- A couple of things you can do here. First: Make sure the external speakers are actually on! --- This is on by default, but just to make sure. It's in the SYSTEM SETTINGS screen like the touch response.  Nest is the positioning in the room. If you flip the speaker panel so it faces AWAY from you and push it near a wall it will make the wall act as a soundboard and will really resonate and fill the room with a rich sound.  Finally, you will want to adjust the revern type and level to fit your tastes -- also in the system settings menu. 

So let me know how you do with this -- and have fun with your new CGP-700. Once you get it dialed in to you tastes, you can start to dig in to all the fun stuff!

29 minutes ago, BradMZ said:

There is a touch response adjustment for the keys as Scott mentioned. However, there is no sensitivity adjustment for the color touch interface.  I'm a little concered you are having issues with it.  For me, the screen is very good and can sense even the lightest touch.  

Oh drat -- I read that too quick. Thanks for the catch Brad. 

Ok so yeah the screen -- Yeah you may have big fingers like I do -- I am useless on a phone. One thing to try is using the backside of your fingernail, so you basically put your finger backwards and use the tip of your nail to hit the screen. Takes a little practice but it works. 

Hello Scott and Brad,

Thanks to both of you for your response. I'm gonna have to work with the touch screen a while longer before I figure out what the real problem is and what I need to do. I sure hope I don't have to box it up and send it back. It was a big enough job getting it unpacked and put together. Having to take it apart won't be that big a deal but repacking it sure will. That thing came packed like it was going to a war zone. Scott, I have tried the back of the finger (fingernail) deal and it seems to work much better. I'll keep using that for now. The stylus works great to but it is a pain to use. I have Macular Degeneration and I am doing this by myself. My war department is visiting her sister until September. I'm sure your recommendation on turning the speakers away from me would help but it took me three tries to get them on as I now have them. The sound I am getting now is not that bad, just now exactly what I expected. I'll live with it for now but I will keep your suggestion in mind. All in all I really like the board. Hopefully it will grow on me and I'll learn to like it even more as I go along. Thanks again to both of you for the info. 

Best Regards,

Phestus