Connecting Chinchcable - internal speaker

PeterFox

I have a question for Casio XW-PD1 Trackformer:
When I connect headphones to the PHONES jack of the XW-PD1, the internal speaker switches - as it should be - on mute.
When I connect Chinchcabel the Line Out of the XW-PD1 to the XW-PD1 to connect to a mixing console, the internal speaker remains active.
Is this a defect or a state of mind?
Thank you for your help

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have now downloaded the instructions in English. This is more detailed.

The German manual is unfortunately only as User Giude (Basics), there is no desciptiong of that.

The support of Casio answered my question like this: The Volumenknob does not affect the lineout signal. If they want the built-in speaker remains silent, they reduce the volume with Volumenknob.
This of course does not work.
I'll try with the settings and report.
P.S: Do you have an idea why the Speaker remain active when using the lineout and for what type of application does this work/fit?

On 7/25/2016 at 2:30 PM, PeterFox said:

P.S: Do you have an idea why the Speaker remain active when using the lineout and for what type of application does this work/fit?

The line-out is simply for producing a steady audio signal suitable to use with most recording and/ or amplification devices, a signal that will be too low to power most headphones. It's at a fixed level than will be compatible with almost all amps/ mixers with line-in inputs. That's why the volume of the line out isn't affected by the PD1 volume control (you use the mixer/ amp to control the volume). Especially in the case of recording the line out of the PD1, there may be no amplification for the person using the PD1, thus the PD1 user needs to hear the sounds from the PD1 so that they can hear what they are playing. They can adjust the PD1 volume control to a level of their choice.

I really don't see why any of the above would be an issue! If you don't want to hear the internal PD1 speaker when connecting it to a mixer/ amp, just turn the volume down on the PD1. Can't get more simple than that.