Video Files on Forum ×

hay-loeeeeee!!!

brainwav

brainwav, the newbie here, saying greetings from maryland at 4 in the morning!

ive had the P1 for over a year and bought a micro-korg last month and just got a used arturia micro-brute last week, but im really eyeing the G1!!!

im a little sour on the micro-brute as its so hands-on. i have been layering things and then recording live with a tiny ic recorder! im quite happy with the results, but buying that korg, rejuvenated my interest in the P1!!!

if im hearing it right, theres different drum sets in the G1. that really interests me, since ive been a drummer my whole life. 

im very glad to be in the XW brotherhood!

• Like 1

Yes, the G1 has a greater number of drum sounds/ kits, along with its sampling/ looping features. It doesn't have as many PCM sounds as the P1, and obviously doesn't have HEX Layers or Drawbar Organ features. It can do "Quad" Layers, so though not as deep as the P1, it can still give you some great layered sounds.

I have both a P1 and G1, and they compliment each other very well. I tend to use the G1 for drums and bass lines/ solo synth, and the P1 for leads and pads.

Here's a couple of my rough/ live demos showing them both in action together:

Yes yes yes -- The G1 is king for drums. More presets and of course with the sampling you can load in whatever you like. There are a ton of free drum sample library out there.. but honestly the presets have just about every sample and variation you could ever want. Still it's nice to be able to sample strange and unusual stuff!

• Like 1