Video Files on Forum ×

Was the site down?

AlenK

I have been getting sporadic "Bad response from server" messages with increasing frequency over the last several days.  Then it went down completely late yesterday evening, until just a short while ago, and that message was all I would get.

According to the host, the site was being hit by a ddos attack.  This was flooding the server, preventing most of us from connecting.  

A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is an attempt to make an online service unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic from multiple sources. They target a wide variety of important resources, from banks to news websites, and present a major challenge to making sure people can publish and access important information.

Everything seems to be moving slowly back to normal.

4 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

I am just wondering out loud, who would bother to do this, and for what reason? Doesn't someone need some pretty powerful computer resources to do this? Glad we noticed it and posted after all. Thanks for checking in on this Mike. Still love that privia T-shirt!

Exactly if I have to guess it must be those pesky bots. I've read that there are many types of them which differ from news , adds and miscellaneous malware etc.

Casioforum is doing well by the numbers of people signing in and that draws  attention.