Sequencer Question

Gwen

Hi Keyboard Lovers, 

I'm working on a new song. I have a layered tone on top and split point with base on bottom. I recorded my drums on the system track. Next I tried to record the next track for my chords and base line onto track 1.

What was recorded was the upper voices only with no baseline. I can I record notes using the full keyboard onto one track ?

Gwen

To record in the manner that you are attempting, you need to be using Steps 1 through 9 of the instructions that begin in the middle of the right hand column of Page EN-57 of the manual, and ensure, prior to recording any additional tracks, that you are performing Step 6, which is to select a track 1 through 16.  If you do not select a different track, your additional "tracks" will record to the System Track and erase any previously recorded data on it.  The System Track is "one-time-only" and can not be added to.  I suspect that you are trying to add your upper voice track to the System Track and over-writing your previously recorded drum track.  If you were to record your upper voices and the drum track at the same time to the the "System Track", that is possible.  You just can not go back later (after the initial recording) and add to the System Track without erasing what was previously recorded.  You can record your upper voices, as well as full accompaniment (including drums), to the System Track, as long as it is all recorded simultaneously.  Anything that is to be added later, after the initial recording. will have to be added on a track (1-16) other than the System Track.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks tnicoson ...

I think I didn't quite communicate my question properly.

I was trying to record two tones ( upper ) & (lower ) " using the split point" ... to a single track at the same time. It wasn't the System track but another solo track. It was easier for me to record the bass AND chords onto one track because it kept me from getting lost in the song sequence.

The "problem " I encountered was this ...although both tones were highlighted when I recorded the track... when I played it back the recorded material only included the upper voice tone and NOT the bass ( lower) tone. Maybe it is not possible to record two tones using the split point. Perhaps only layered tones can be recorded to one track at a time ??? That was what I was trying to communicate. Thanks !

See page EN-57 of the user manual. Tracks 1 to 16 can only play back in whatever tone was selected for Upper 1 when you recorded the track. This would imply you will not hear either of the lower tones nor will you hear Upper 2. 

Gwen, system track is the only track that can record the upper and lower parts as a split, all at once.  You'll need to record drums and your upper lower parts all at once to the system track.  All other tracks can only record one tone at a time.  A workaround would be programming a custom split hex layer tone for use on a normal track.  

• Like 1