1.21 OS Tone Sub-category Loading Problem

Casiokid

Just taken delivery of my new MZ-X500 but I've noticed that the three Organ Tone sub-categories don't always load?  It's always the Drawbar Tones sub-category that don't always show on the screen?

Switching the keyboard on/off temporary cures the problem, but it usually isn't long before the Drawbar Tones go missing again?

I've reloaded the 1.21 firmware but the problem still persists?

Is there a fault  with the 1.21 Firmware or have I faulty keyboard

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Casiokid said:

Simply selecting tones from either the Tone buttons or through the touch screen and the Drawbar sub-category is greyed out

Hi there,  Casiokid, Happy new Casio :)

Just in case you might have overlooked this bit from page EN-9 of MZ-X500 Tutorial manual:

...  Drawbar organ tones can be assigned to Part 1 (Upper 1) only. 
                 ...  can be used for a single part only. 

If I were to try to assign a drawbar organ tone to any other part than Upper 1,  I would see the drawbar organ options disappear (turn grey). 

If it's not that, might you post your MZ-X's screen's image?     

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Lobbard  -Your absolutely correct (only if I had noticed this in the Tutorial Manual !)

You've reassured me, and restored my confidence, as I have now proved on my  MZ-X500 -by selecting Upper 1 -the drawbar subcategory appears under Organ Tones whereas when Upper 2, Lower1 & 2 are selected the drawbar subcategory is greyed out.  (Casio here are one step in front of the player)

Your a star !!   -Thanks again

• Like 1