Casio Headphones

I'm on my second pair of Casio XW-H2 headphones, and yep these too are splitting right on top of the headband area.  The first pair I bought were new from a guy on eBay and when they split I contacted Casio and they would honor a replacement because the the guy wasn't an official Casio reseller.  Ok, I sent them back and they should me a pair at a discounted price.  This pair is doing the exact same thing.  Anyone else have this issue?   I have to admit, it's a design flaw and this will be my last pair of these headphones.

Wow, these are expensive! How do they sound?  I stick with my AKGs. I can literally throw them across the room (I have but not because of the headphones :o) and these are practically indestructible. And the sound is consistently accurate. I use the K66s for casual stuff, K240M (old German version pre-date the new Chinese ones which I hear are not so good although i haven't tried so can't be sure) and 2 pair of K301s (real monitoring phones-no sound coloration but need EQ to sound full). I've had these for years and never a problem, physically or electronically. The thick Casio headband must be not too comfortable after ahwile. The AKGs headbands are so light I forget I'm wearing them (but then I forget alot of stuff in my old folks boogy suite). The old K240s actually used real leather for the surrounds. Not any more I understand.

Another plus is that now with all the replacement parts available for the AKGs-including the tiny speaker assemblies-I repaired one set I bought broken from someone else-it is easy to get new earpads-I bought a pair of velour (felt) covered pads for the K240s and it is real comfortable, even better than the "leatherette" covers on these.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to Casio products, I've owned many but sounds like you are ready to try something else.

They sound fine, the round ear cups don't fit my big ears well, so something a bit more oblong is what I'm currently looking for.   It's the quality that I'm upset about.  Like I stated in my original post, the head band is cheap and it tears, just a poor design I'd say.  Since they are out of warranty there is nothing Casio will do about them even though this is my second pari with the exact same issue, so I'm done with Casio for headphones.