Video Files on Forum ×

Boss VE-5 vocal harmony to Casio MZ-X500

Lobbard

Hi, got a question about connecting a Boss VE-5 vocal processor to Casio MZ-X500. 

Currently using:    Boss VE-5's PHONES/LINE OUT jack (Stereo miniature phone type)  connected to the MZ's Audio In (miniature stereo), works well no problem.  Not using the MZ's twin quarter-inch jacks inputs to avoid adding MZ's master reverb to VE's incoming signal.  (er...I think) :mellow:  

?  Would connecting VE-5's XLR OUT jack (XLR type) to MZ's Audio In (miniature stereo) be a superior connection?   That's before I acquire a suitable cable, I mean.  Thank-you.   :banana:

MZ with VE-5.png

I doubt it would sound better --- pretty sure that would be outputting the signal from the Roland at line level so it would probably sound worse without a DI box to bring it to line level. 

The MZ-X500 does have a MIC INPUT back there -- I would try that. Not sure how the reverb works with that tho. 

I would say if the 1/8" stereo jack is working well, just stick with that. 

Let us know how it works out. 

• Like 1

Stick with your current configuration. 😉  To clarify about reverb, the MZX line in and mic input use the same mixer channel "external". Reverb, chorus and delay send is adjustable on that channel as well as DSP line select.  However, the external mixer channel does run through master EQ and compressor.  This cannot be changed.  

• Like 1