Video Files on Forum ×

I'm curious if there is a type of fake book that is made specifically for the WK series.  I am finding that I have to figure out the tempo, tone, and rhythm for each song requested which takes a significant amount of time.   (I use this keyboard in our psych unit milieu in the evenings).  If there were already a publication that listed which rhythem, tone, and metronome marking for various pop songs, Beatles songs, etc... - it would be great!  Or maybe I just found a new niche and should put out my own!

Thank you!

Melissa

Hi Melissa. There is nothing like that out there for any keyboard. Don't want to be a wet blanket, but I can't imagine there being enough sales volume of such a book to make it profitable to produce and distribute. You also have song licensing issues to deal with if you decide to mass produce and sell it.  

Here's what I suggest: Instead of taking requests on the spot, have a list of songs  you have "programmed"  in. Print the list (make it formatted nice).  Hopefully, you know your audience well enough to know the top 25-50 songs which you can prepare ahead of time. Let your audience choose from the list and you're good to go. If someone has a request, have another sheet where people can write it down for you to add to your playlist and you can play it next time.  This makes people look forward to your next performace and builds a nice artist-audience relationship.  

Melissa

If you have a tablet, you might want to look into the various setlist apps that are available for musicians to see if any of them would be of use to you.  You would need one that allows miscelleneous notes about the entries you call up.  The alternative would be one of the Microsoft Office type apps that would allow you to create your own database or spreadsheet that would provide for quick searches and display the info you need in a useful manner.  There are several apps for the Yamaha arrangers that use the keyboard's registrations to automatically set up the keyboard when a particular leadsheet is called up, but I have no idea if these would be adaptable to the Casio workstations.

• 4 weeks later...