MIDI Implementation Manual for the PX-560M?

JohnG7

Having just purchased a Privia PX-560M, and being deeply into MIDI editing down to the SysEx level, I am slightly dismayed not to be able to find a MIDI implementation manual for the instrument. I'm not dismayed with my purchase, quite the contrary, I'm taking great delight in being the owner of the 560.

I've downloaded a copy of the 5S stage piano MIDI implementation manual, and wonder how similar the two products are?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnG.

Not sure if this will help, but I use the midi Monitor app on the iPad to figure out how midi instruments are configured. This will show the raw midi codes for every action that puts something on the midi bus. 

Here is what I found.

1. The keys seem to work fine, even with Sample Tank. 

2. The Registration keys cause the monitor app to crash, not sure what is up there.

3. The two left encoder knobs seem to be on the same channel, which is odd. The right one doesn't return anything. 

4. Pedals, pitch bend, and mod wheels work as expected. 

Hope that is helpful.

• 1 year later...

Hi there

is there any update on a midi implementation reference for the 560M ?

Also is there anyone out there know of an app that I can use to load registrations instead of having to use a USB stick and manually select

registrations one by one to load into the banks?

Some form of PC management

Nothing yet for the PX-560 but there is a MIDI implementation document for the MZ-X300/X500. You can find it here: http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/MZX_midi_imple_EN.pdf

Since these two keyboards are close to being the same "generation" there is likely to be (but by no means guaranteed to be) similarities in their MIDI implementations, especially seeing that the PX-5S also uses many of the same MIDI commands as revealed in its own MIDI implementation document (I have actually compared the two documents closely). Between them, those two documents should help your experimentation should you choose to try. We might just grow old waiting for Casio to release a MIDI implementation document for the PX-560. 

(PS. I tried to paste a direct link to the document when I initially replied on my iPad using Safari but it was turned into an image of the title page that did not take me to the PDF when I clicked on it. On my PC using IE, Chrome or Firefox, the image was not visible at all, just some linkless text. But I can - and did just now - add the direct link using the PC. Weird.) 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Usefulness depends on what you want to accomplish. In the case of the XW-P1 I found its MIDI implementation very useful. However, the PX-560's MIDI support is not nearly as comprehensive. There is even less there than in the PX-5S.