Video Files on Forum ×

PX-5s Vs CGP-700

Zaytrius

I've owned a PX-5s for a little over a year. As I like the sound, i'm not fond of the menu system and some of the sound presets. I was considering to sell my PX-5s and upgrade to a CGP-700, But I haven't heard anyone compare these two. Does anyone have any suggestions? would I be severely lacking if I went that route? Thanks in advance.

It really depends. The color touch screen interface on the newer models is really nice. But, the CGP-700 is much more limited in what it can do as far as having the knobs and sliders (it doesn't), multiple zones (it doesn't), 5-pin MIDI out (it doesn't), downloadable sounds (it doesn't). The PX-5S is a really powerful controller keyboard. The CGP-700 is more basic as far as those things, while being great at what it does.

OTOH, the PX-560 gets you the color touch screen interface and a bit more on features, but it's still not the controller the PX-5S is.

All that being said, what do you do with the PX-5S? If you let us know, we can tell you if one of the newer Casios will suit you. Also, you do know that there are a ton of sound presets (Stage Settings) available on this site for downloading. You may find that these Stage Settings are great replacements for ones that came with your PX-5S. I highly recommend the PX-5S ALL set. Just note that if you created any custom Stage Settings, you should save those first because the ALL set will replace everything.

Hi,

If you are quite happy with your PX5-S, then I would hold onto it. My guess is that the replacement for it will be out in less than a year. Possibly next January at NAMM in Ananheim.

It's only a guess, but the PX5-S has been around for quite a while now.

The CGP range is a totally different beast from the PX5-S. If you want to change, the 560 is more like the PX5-S. 

Just an opinion,

Chris