Inexpensive expression pedal?

degaff

The expression pedals that are listed as tested and approved for the MZ-X are pricey. Anyone using an inexpensive volume pedal that works well with the MZ-X?  I have a Yamaha FC7 volume pedal - I'm almost sure it won't work if the Roland EV-5 works with it. I have a Roland midi pedal board - but it sends on a single channel so it couldn't be configured to work like the pedal input on the keyboard. I'm waiting for my MZ-X500 to ship, would like to have a volume pedal for it when it arrives. Thanks!

15 minutes ago, degaff said:

The expression pedals that are listed as tested and approved for the MZ-X are pricey. Anyone using an inexpensive volume pedal that works well with the MZ-X?  I have a Yamaha FC7 volume pedal - I'm almost sure it won't work if the Roland EV-5 works with it. I have a Roland midi pedal board - but it sends on a single channel so it couldn't be configured to work like the pedal input on the keyboard. I'm waiting for my MZ-X500 to ship, would like to have a volume pedal for it when it arrives. Thanks!

Hi,  I'm also using the M-Audio expression pedal, works great, no problems - and the cheapest in town.  Nothing against the Yamaha FC7 expression pedal but for some reason I was advised not to use that one with the MZ-X.   

pedal.png

The manual says you need a Vol/Exp Pedal with a10k ohm potentiometer (the Yamaha FC7 is 50k ohm Lobbard)

If you can get hold of the Roland Vol/Exp Pedal as supplied for their PK9 Bass Pedals (special order direct from Roland) it not only is 10k ohm but also incorporates side toe switched to enable sustain and registration switching all in one unit.  -Neat  but you'll have to take off the Din plug and solder 1/4 (6.3mm) jacks to couple it to the MZ-X500