Video Files on Forum ×

needing to reset the sustain function

drwaido

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  I set the the board to Stage setting 0-0.  Then I scroll through the different piano options using the + and- buttons.  After moving through several different piano sounds, my foot pedal will no longer sustain.  If I manually go back to Stage setting 0-0, it restores the sustain function for another couple of changes then stops again.  This is driving me crazy and I am wondering if anyone knows why this is happening and if there is a fix.

**Confession.  I have not updated the firmware.

Thanks

Hello,

Not all stage settings use the same parameters for pedal one.  In fact, not all tones (the sounds that make up a stage setting) even respond to the hold control code.  Also, there are "regular" Melody tones and HEX tones.  Selecting a HEX tone may reset the parameters when moving to a regular tone or vice versa - since there are many more controls and options with a HEX tone.

There's not really a fix because it's not technically broken.  However, I may be misinterpreting your post.  Can you identify which tone you have scrolled to when the sustain stops working?

Thanks for your response.  I start at Stage setting 0-0 (Grand Piano).  I then move through the different piano tones using the + and - buttons, while still onstage setting 0-0.  After moving through several piano tones, the pedal no longer sustains.  If I manually hit "Bank 0-0", the board returns to the Grand Piano stage setting and the pedal now sustains again.  If I scroll through the piano tones again, the sustain function again disappears and I have to reset it by going back to bank 0-0 again.

Thanks again for responding.

Hi drwaido,

As you press the + or - keys, the name and number of the tone will change and appear in the LCD window in the bottom section.  Can you identify specifically what name and number appears in the window when the sustain stops working?  Part of the trouble-shooting will be trying to replicate your experience and having the same result when the same tone is drawn up.

Also, are you only in zone 1 of the stage setting?  In the display midway down on the far right, there will be a Z1, Z2, Z3, or Z4 depending on which zone you are currently changing the tone for.

Thank you