Defect on LCD screen

Edward

A double line has suddenly appeared on my screen (see left side of photo).  It just started a few days ago.  I have reset to factory defaults.  Have turned off and then back on.  Can't get rid of the line.  Any thoughts on what to do to fix this before I file a warranty claim?  Thanks.

IMG_0701.JPG

File a warranty claim. This is not repairable by a non-professional and indicates a defect in the screen-usually in the computer world or with some keyboards I've repaired, the LCD contacts surrounding the screen are not seated properly or one of the circuits addressing that part of the screen is loose, bad solder joint or completely disconnected. Certainly not a job for anybody but a Casio technician. I havre dealt with this with other LCD screens and this sometimes appears on older computers and music keyboard LCDs that become contaminated over time with dirt between the LCD surround seals and the contacts embedded in that structure, or simply because oxidation has gotten through and has made a copper trace or traces lose connectivity, doesn't take much.

• Like 1