Video Files on Forum ×

PX350 line outputs with headphones

Jokeyman123

Here's a weird one-in case no-one else ever noticed.

I had not recorded anything using the line outputs with my PX350 until recently (mostly practicing and creating arrangements through headphones or built-in speakers) when I discovered that-in order to monitor the line outs connected directly into your recorder or mixer, you must have the headphones plugged in. In other words, if you are trying to monitor through your recorder, mixer or computer audio headphone jack-I get no output from the line output jacks unless I plug a stereo 1/4" headphone plug or headphones into the headphone output! I'm not sure of the logic behind this, so I checked the manual to see if this is right and it vaguely describes how this works. As crazy as it sounds, apparently it has been designed this way. Maybe Casio figured you would hire a professional studio engineer to monitor your mix while you listened to yourself playing on the headphones?  :o Or that I could fit 2 sets of headphones on my little head at the same time, one for the Casio and the other for my recording device, wait let me try it.............:banghead:

A workaround is to use the headphone out jack to go into your mixer or recorder, but since this will present a pretty nasty mismatch in impedance, this is not a good idea. :banghead: I use a seperate 1/4" stereo plug.adapter which solves the problem but........

I am posting becasue I  wonder if the newer PX360 and 560 do the same thing. and if these do, let the word go forth.   :blah:

And now I better go back to my other Casios to see if this same logic is used elsewhere. Back to work. :beer::boring: