Sonic problem using LFO on piano preset

tan5taafl

Kind of a minor problem, but annoying. I am creating an SS for JT's new song, "Can't Stop the Feeling." For the main piano riff, I used once of the presets (Grand Modern, I think), and added a "Saw Up" LFO to get that surging effect. Works great with the right tweaks and when the notes are held. However, when the notes are played staccato, there is a loud piano attack from the note. I've fiddled with settings in the amplitude envelope to no avail. Same non-result when messing with the Vel Sens. Turning up the Tone Vel Low to around 50 seems to help a tiny bit. Again, it's not a huge problem and it can be "played around," but would love to get rid of it. Thoughts?

Hello,

Here's a few settings that I think will help you along the right path.  I made these modifications to stage setting 0,0 .  I exaggerated them a bit so you could hear clearly the direction of the effect.  The staccato vs legato can mainly be controlled by the AMP envelope settings - the time from when the attack reaches it's highest level from it lowest and those levels themselves:

AMP:

Volume 100

Velovity sense +63

initial level -64

Attack Time -27

Attack Level 0

LFO

FilterAmpWave [SawUp]

FilterAmpRate[-41]

FilterDepth [0]

other filter settings at 0

Amp Depth [+63]

Amp Delay [-64]

Those setting should put you on the right track.  Taylor them to taste.  If you want to get more creative and have more control, setup two different zones that have the same pitch but are split at different points on the keyboard.  One zone can be your piano with effects, the other zone can be a straight piano.  Then just play in different areas of the keyboard for either.  Or play them both at the same time.

Thanks, Choppin. (Nice handle, btw.) I will give those settings a try. Funny, I have the same FilterAmpRate on the LFO = -41. It was the "goldilocks" setting for that song. Very sensitive.

I have two other splits for the SS: brass in the LH bottom two octaves for chorus fills and phaser EP in RH top two octave for (what I call) the bridge parts. I originally had straight piano, but the band heard the phaser piano during one of my "on the fly trying to fix this" moments and it stuck. If your settings work out, I'll post the SS.